Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official McLaren F1 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 11:54 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Peloton25
A video with other cars from his collection including the middle three from the display in your first photo can be seen here:

Prestanda superbilar - GARAGET - www.garaget.org

>8^)
ER
You sir are a machine.

And the chassis in NZ is looking better than ever.

And dammit, we want WOT!

Last edited by vtgts300kw; 09-29-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:39 AM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
I'll take that as a compliment.

There's some WOT towards the end of this video. It features one of the longtail F1 GTRs, chassis #25R this time, lapping the famous Suzuka Circuit in Japan during practice for a JGTC race in October 2000. The perspective is from inside the car and the view out the windscreen is slightly obscured by the roll cage and a fresh-air vent hose, but really, if you want to see footage of the Suzuka track there are plenty of other videos out there.

The video starts as the car is leaving the pits, and there is water on the track so it takes a little bit before the driver has temperature in his tires and is able to really start pushing it. This video is nearly 8 minutes in length, and the sounds are fantastic.

YouTube - ZERO McLaren F1 GTR at Suzuka Circuit - Oct 2000

Here's a shot of the GTR we're on board with (clickable).

It wore that 'ZERO' livery for just the 2000 JGTC season, and then for 2001 it was resprayed in yellow and featured the sponsor "Yellow Corn" for the next three years, having limited success against the factory backed efforts from Honda, Nissan and Toyota. GTR #25R is noted as the last F1 to withdraw from professional competition events in 2005.

>8^)
ER

Old 09-30-2009, 04:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the info Peloton! I knew Bryant meisner was the owner but did not know the other stuff!

Old 09-30-2009, 04:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
It was last spotted at a S-P-S Automotive in Hong Kong a few years back after leaving Sweden in June 2006.

>8^)
ER
Hi Peloton,

I was chatting to the Pagani sales manager at SPS in Hong Kong earlier this year. He said they sold that McLaren to a buyer from Japan.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Great story Sideways and background story from Peleton.
I was at that Stockholm car show as well and admired the collection for a long time. I couldn't believe my ears when an employee told me they all belonged to an anonymous car collector in Stockholm.
I've heard some rumours about this guy. He lives in Djursholm (the most expensive neighbourhood in Stockholm and Sweden) and used to have at least two McLarens. I'm not sure if this is still true, probably not. Anyway he has done a good job at staying anonymous.
When I was in the Djursholm area once a Ferrari F40 came up behind me and parked next to me. I had a small chat with the owner, who was around his 40's and had a young daughter with him. Of course I didn't ask him if he was the owner of the cars shown at the Stockholm car show but I wouldn't be surprised since he seemed to know a lot about cars the way he talked. Very nice guy...

Old 09-30-2009, 07:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ludas
I've heard some rumours about this guy. He lives in Djursholm (the most expensive neighbourhood in Stockholm and Sweden) and used to have at least two McLarens. I'm not sure if this is still true, probably not.
he lives in the house you can see in the movie "Vinterviken". Its true about him owning at least two Mclarens at the same time, well it was true, he has sold of the GTR and dont know about the other cars but he goes to alot of track events with his scuderia both at nurburgring and here in sweden. A pic of his Scuderia, best combo i`ve seen. He has a 599 in the exact same combo also

Old 09-30-2009, 08:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
The guy has taste. Too bad the Scuderia is registered at a company (guess it's his).
If I had the money I would live a life just like that, owning a lot of cars and go to track events as much as possible.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:50 AM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
His car's have always been registered that way. Sometimes the company name changes, but the address is always the same PO Box in Stockholm.

Mike S - thanks for that little detail. I wonder if it is the silver F1 now seen in the ZAZ Museum collection in Nagoya. We haven't positively ID'd that one yet. The pursuit continues...

>8^)
ER

Old 09-30-2009, 12:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
His car's have always been registered that way. Sometimes the company name changes, but the address is always the same PO Box in Stockholm.

Mike S - thanks for that little detail. I wonder if it is the silver F1 now seen in the ZAZ Museum collection in Nagoya. We haven't positively ID'd that one yet. The pursuit continues...

>8^)
ER
It could very well be, the world is a tiny place when it comes to F1's

Old 09-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Teamspeed Member
h82bslow is a splendid one to beholdh82bslow is a splendid one to beholdh82bslow is a splendid one to beholdh82bslow is a splendid one to beholdh82bslow is a splendid one to beholdh82bslow is a splendid one to beholdh82bslow is a splendid one to beholdh82bslow is a splendid one to beholdh82bslow is a splendid one to beholdh82bslow is a splendid one to beholdh82bslow is a splendid one to behold
Did anyone else eye the blue Bugatti EB110 sitting on the fourth pedestal in that amazing picture? Can someone start one of these thread about one of those?

But man, whne it comes to information you guys sure know your stuff.

Quick Reply: The Official McLaren F1 Thread