Notices
Maserati | Alfa Romeo | General Italian Quattroporte, Gran Turismo, MC12, 4C, Guilia & More Discussion Forum.

probably the final report on my MC Stradale....

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 11:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
johnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond repute
probably the final report on my MC Stradale....

After 3500 hard and totally enjoyable miles later, my MC-S is making way for somthing nearly double the horse power.

If it only had 50 or 80 more horses it definitely will stay and even kick the 612 out.
In fact, if it didnt have 100 less horses, i think the MC-S is a much better GT than the 612. It rides better, handles better, its more comfortable, shifts better, the cockpit is better designed and more comfortable, and it copes with my banzai driving better than the 612.
Come on, u dont wanna throw a big and expensive ferrari into the apex like i do.

If it had more horses and if it werent half the cost of my 612, then i would prefer the MC-S to stay. I been trying to keep the 2 as long as i can, but the MC-S just made the 612 stay in the garage for months at a time which really make no economical sense.

i only drive in the super twisty mountains and if the straighline speeds on those roads are under 80 MPH, the MC-S shines and can even keep up with scuds and 458s. Above those speeds, the mc-s has a tough time accelerating and entry speed might be too fast for itself and cause the car to wobble a bit. But for 99.999% of its buyers, the mc-s is perfect. just dont expect it to be fast in the straight.

I love my stradale from the color to everything else, the color being my main reason for purchase. Some might argue that there are others that are cheaper and faster, but from my optioned out example with the scud/599 60ms tranny, this is a twisty carving machine thats also very comfortable, and the best looking GT out there IMO, maybe even better than the sexy Aston DBS. Definitely much better looking than my 599.

if i write any more, im gonna keep it.

Name:  4558.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  95.4 KB

Name:  IMG_5020.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  86.4 KB

Name:  IMG_5021.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  81.5 KB

Name:  IMG_5022.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  93.7 KB

Name:  IMG_5122.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  123.1 KB

Name:  IMG_5129.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  170.7 KB

Last edited by johnsgt; 07-09-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:57 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Life must be rough for you.

Old 07-10-2012, 08:59 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
John I fo hear you, it has it all but lacks power, I am surprised as I hav never heard you discuss selling a car they usually get parked lol

What's next?

Old 07-10-2012, 09:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Ooph, 3,500 miles? Yeah I hate to drive a car after the break-in period too.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:45 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Don't do anything rash. Why don't I keep it in my garage for a few months, and if you want it back it will be reported "stolen" you just say the words and I'll deliver it to your door.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:48 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
so to make economical sense you will drive the car you don't want to drive anymore and sell the one you like better

Old 07-10-2012, 09:48 AM
Who Am I?
CAIN has a reputation beyond reputeCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeCAIN has a reputation beyond repute
Where were these pictures taken? Looks like Hawaii. Beautiful car.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
Aren't there any aftermarket options to boost the horespower of the MC-S? Sounds like that's all you need to make this acceptable for you.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Novitec Supercharger = Happy John

Old 07-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
JeffRB will become famous soon enoughJeffRB will become famous soon enoughJeffRB will become famous soon enoughJeffRB will become famous soon enoughJeffRB will become famous soon enoughJeffRB will become famous soon enoughJeffRB will become famous soon enoughJeffRB will become famous soon enoughJeffRB will become famous soon enoughJeffRB will become famous soon enough
You should speak to Don or Jeff at Formula Dynamics. Through their available after market mods my MC is now picking up 45 -50 more horsepower (for real) from stock.

Theses cars are intentionally de-tuned for US emission, etc.

Through ECU, drive by wire, airbox, and down pipe / cat changes: my MC was transformed.

Jeff

Quick Reply: probably the final report on my MC Stradale....