Notices
Maserati | Alfa Romeo | General Italian Quattroporte, Gran Turismo, MC12, 4C, Guilia & More Discussion Forum.

Touring Superleggera Gets Back With Maserati A8GCS

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 07:18 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Touring Superleggera Gets Back With Maserati A8GCS

Some of the news coming from the Concorso D’Eleganza Villa D’Este was totally unexpected, such as the M1 Hommage, but some others were highly anticipated. The best example is the return of the Carrozzeria Touring Superleggera, with the Maserati Bellagio, but the resurrecting company also had a new vehicle in its sleeve, the Maserati A8GCS Berlinetta Touring.

It is a pity the official website of Touring Superleggera does not have any images of the new car, only a teasing profile, but the Italian car website OmniAuto.it has published many pictures of it and we can say that the results were worth paying attention to.

Although the A8GCS seems to be a modified GranTurismo, the car is totally new. It only shares the engine and the transmission with the Italian coupe. Instead of being a monocoque vehicle, for example, the A8GCS it is a body on frame car, with a trelice frame and the body placed over it. This sort of structure allows the car to be incredibly light, only about 1,200 kg, according to OmniAuto.it. The engine is placed in the front middle of the car, what makes it have the characteristic long hood and the small and short cabin.

There is little information on production or prices, but it is very likely that this car will find a few owners around the world. People that can afford an exclusive and personalized piece of engineering and design. Although they are not much, we are glad they exist, so that we may have the chance to see the A8GCS in the streets and not only in auto shows.

Attached Images         
Old 04-28-2008, 07:44 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
neversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond repute
love the side view mirrors

the rest of the car doesn't do much else

Old 04-28-2008, 01:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
It's ok looking, but those wire wheels are a disaster.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
It's ok looking, but those wire wheels are a disaster.
I was just thinking how wire wheels should make a comeback on certain cars, i think they look great with the correct application. In this instance however, it's a fail.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
drew935 is an unknown quantity at this point
change the shoes and drop some HRE's on all four corners and I'll think about wanting to take it out. :ugh:

Old 04-28-2008, 07:00 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Damn, i love it.

And the "superleggera" script is the awesomeness.

There is a superleggera DB4 in my parking garage, i love the script.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Igor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond repute
i really like the look of it, and i love the lines, i think they could improve a couple of things, such as the wheels, and the some of the lower body panels... but still an amazing proto...

Old 04-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I really like it and even though I can tell I'll be in the minority when I say this, I like the wire wheels too! Going to a body on frame construction seems like a bad idea since this typically adds weight instead of reduces it and this also means that body rigidity will suffer as well. Cool concept nonetheless.

The Maser Touring Superleggera in the background looks really cool too! I like the idea of a Quattroporte Shooting Brake which is essentially what the model behind it could turn out to be. If you notice one of the small pictures hanging on the wall behind the A8GCS, you'll see the rear 3/4 profile of the Touring SL. From this angle, it almost has a Volvo C30esque appearance and I find that really interesting. I wonder if the big Maser Touring SL will be a two door 2+2 or will indeed have four doors to essentially become a Quattroporte wagon...

Old 04-29-2008, 01:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
i love it, nice to see them bring back some old school alfa design