Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Z3 M Coupé Resto and Engine Rebuild !

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 10:47 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Clubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond repute
Finally we closed up the engine today, engine cover repainted in OEM matt black. Needs a little cleaning but a whole lot better than the ricer grey paint before,

Name:  fotoraf2-3.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  85.4 KB

Name:  fotoraf4-2.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  78.5 KB

Name:  fotoraf1-2.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  80.5 KB

Then I saw the transmission laying on the side of the shop and decided to give it a good cleaning. I forgot to take a before shot but I can tell you it was almost completely black from dirt and oil.

found this pic online, not mine but mine was even dirtier,

And after a lot of pressurised water and other stuff,

and that's it for today, next up will be the cleaning of the engine bay before the engine goes back in, it is a dirty mess right now. I'll post pics after it is properly cleaned.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:36 PM
Former Sponsor
Gabe@EVOMS is an unknown quantity at this point
No stone left unturned. I love it! I bought my first BMW (E36 M3) a few months ago to turn into a track car, so I've slowly been getting deeper and deeper into the Bimmer world.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Clubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gabe@EVOMS
No stone left unturned. I love it! I bought my first BMW (E36 M3) a few months ago to turn into a track car, so I've slowly been getting deeper and deeper into the Bimmer world.
Thanks Gabe, welcome to the ///M Mania addiction

Old 01-24-2013, 05:40 PM
Former Sponsor
Gabe@EVOMS is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Clubber
Thanks Gabe, welcome to the ///M Mania addiction
Thanks! So far it's been a great car. The plan was to drive it daily for a while, then I accidentally gutted the whole interior. A roll bar, carbon fiber sunroof delete, brakes, wheels, tires, a paint job, and with more to come, it is a interested DD. But the great danes love it because I put their dog cushions on the empty passenger floorboard and they get to relax. Anyway enough of mine. We need more pictures of yours.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:46 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Gabe@EVOMS
Thanks! So far it's been a great car. The plan was to drive it daily for a while, then I accidentally gutted the whole interior. A roll bar, carbon fiber sunroof delete, brakes, wheels, tires, a paint job, and with more to come, it is a interested DD. But the great danes love it because I put their dog cushions on the empty passenger floorboard and they get to relax. Anyway enough of mine. We need more pictures of yours.
It's been a slow week, I plan to work on her this weekend a lot. Mainly cleaning the engine bay before the engine goes in, I'll update with new pics soon.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:11 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
My mechanic told me, in a few days, he would put the engine in so today, I cleaned up the engine bay as much as I can and man did it loose some dirt. It is really hard to capture the clean look on camera but you guys will get the picture I guess.

Before main look,

Name:  image3-2.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  102.4 KB

Name:  image5-2.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  64.2 KB

Name:  image6-1.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  45.3 KB

Name:  image4-2-1.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  112.1 KB

After, general look,

Name:  image-3.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  58.8 KB

Steering rack before,

Name:  image6-2.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  150.3 KB

After,

Name:  image1-2-1.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  149.3 KB

Before,

Name:  image7-3.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  126.2 KB

After,

Name:  image3-3-1.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  72.7 KB

Name:  image2-5.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  63.4 KB

Just got news that my CF airbox arrived in the country nd hopefully receive it in a few days. It would be nice to test fit the headers and airbox in before the engine goes in. Thanks for watching,

Old 01-25-2013, 11:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful work cleaning up that bay..

Which CF box did you get?

Old 01-25-2013, 11:58 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
El Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura about
The engine bay cleaning made a world of a difference!

Old 01-25-2013, 03:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by MC321
Beautiful work cleaning up that bay..

Which CF box did you get?
Thanks. I bought it on ebay. I believe it is one of the boxes made my Daniel Filip, which are really good quality. Will post a lot pictures when it comes.
Originally Posted by El Wehbi
The engine bay cleaning made a world of a difference!
Exactly, I was really looking forward to that cuz you can never access some of these areas once the engine is there.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:32 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
A small update,

We flushed out all the previous bits and dirt from the oil radiator and gave it a quick spray paint including its connecting piping,

Name:  image2-6.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  75.0 KB

Name:  image3-4.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  72.4 KB

and then we test fitted the headers to the completed engine, they sure look good

Name:  image4-4.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  89.3 KB

Name:  image8-3.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  79.1 KB

tomorrow we'll receive some of the missing parts of the engine bay and hopefully the airbox and on friday we plan to drop the engine and trans in. Keep watching

Quick Reply: Z3 M Coupé Resto and Engine Rebuild !