Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Spied: 2013 BMW M4 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 01:57 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Capptain is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd like to understand why they felt it necessary to introduce an M4. Having two other M coupes I have no idea what this is supposed to compete with that the others already don't.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Looks alright nothing special as of yet.

However like others say the name M4 is a joke. Not only does it ruin the legend that was the M3 badge, it will be very confusing to customers not in the know.

Wouldn't you think the 4 series would be a 4 door and the 3 series would be a two door or hatch back?

As if BMW already hasn't gone far enough off the deep end, now they're ruining their M models too.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:59 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
i think it makes no sense. M4 %$$%#(#@

This is like MB going from e-class coupe to clk now back to E-class coupe.
in the process consistency is broken in naming convention.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
slavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond repute
this is terrible news from BMW, makes my decision to get an e92 that much stronger!

Old 07-18-2012, 11:57 AM
Former Sponsor
ECS Tuning - BMW will become famous soon enoughECS Tuning - BMW will become famous soon enoughECS Tuning - BMW will become famous soon enoughECS Tuning - BMW will become famous soon enoughECS Tuning - BMW will become famous soon enoughECS Tuning - BMW will become famous soon enoughECS Tuning - BMW will become famous soon enoughECS Tuning - BMW will become famous soon enough
Can't wait to see the final product, I'm going to reserve the rest of my comments till then.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Teamspeed Member
-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all
I was hoping for a lot --- but BMW seems to get bigger, more bloated, more boring, and less aggressive with every model. Snooze Fest

Old 07-18-2012, 01:22 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 500millionDollars
hmmm not true, all m3's were nice even the e92
Nice as they are, the e92 doesn't feel remotely close to it's older siblings.

M4 coupe? stupid.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Nice as they are, the e92 doesn't feel remotely close to it's older siblings.
^This shit is getting old

90% of the people who carp on about the e30 M3's greatness haven't ever driven one.

IMO, the e46 M3 was the greatest M followed by the e39 M5. The e92 M3 is no slouch and everyone who believes that its not good enough is an uppity purist wannabe.

M4 name is stupid as hell though. Why didn't they give that name to the four door and let the M3 stay a coupe.

Last edited by "The JC"; 07-18-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
PorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond repute
even though im an audi fan, i think bmw is headed in the right direction with the new 5 and 6 series.. but that being said, i definitely dont like the new 3 series. looks wayyyyy too much like a midget 5. hopefully at least by creating a new model they will leave some room to make it a little different. so far, no bias, i think audi is winning in the design department in my honest opinion but this artist sketch looks promising..

http://www.f30post.com/forums/attach...1&d=1321028846

Old 07-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
I agree, it's ridiculous that they are changing such an iconic brand. After all, M3 is essentially a brand. Like snickers is to m&m/mars corp.

Quick Reply: Spied: 2013 BMW M4 Coupe