Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

BEWARE CSL Intake Owners. MICE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 12:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Post BEWARE CSL Intake Owners. MICE!!!!

Hi Guys

Well since i got back from vacation in Australia on the 11 of December I noticed my car didn't want to accelerate as strongly as It did before i left. The OEM CSL Intake Roar also wasnt as loud as before. As some of you know I have the OEM CSL Intake conversion with EVOLVE ALPHA N tune. I had been gone for 3.2 weeks and in this time no one drove the car.

Today I opened the hood and there was a foul smell coming from it. I took a peak into the CSL Intake opening and thought i saw something, got a torch and had another look and half the intake was blocked with all kinda stuff like plastic bags and cardboard and mice shite! I knew straight away it was a mouses hard work.

Had to remove the intake and clean it out and God was there a lot of crap and smelled so bad I didn't even think to take pics. After i had cleaned it all up I ordered a new CSL intake filter from EVOLVE.

I also checked all of the wiring in and around the intake and nothing was touched. Thanks to God!

So I get into my car and drive out of the garage and straight away the cars breaking traction and feels alive again. The back half of the intake was completely blocked before, and now it was free. The car sounded beautiful once again and accelerated very smoothly and fast like it had before this issue.

So guys beware of Mice. Check your intakes often! It took me 15 mins to remove the intake. Not hard at all as long as you have the right tools.

Loving my car again but there's still some smell of mouse crap. YUCK!

Ejaz

Old 12-31-2011, 12:25 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Get a cat

Old 12-31-2011, 12:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Get a cat
Got two! not counting the strays! Lazy shites

Old 12-31-2011, 01:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Damn, that sucks.. lucky for you the wires are fine.. those wires are like catnip for these bastards..

You need rat poison and traps.. those things track diseases so be careful

Old 12-31-2011, 01:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by MC321
Damn, that sucks.. lucky for you the wires are fine.. those wires are like catnip for these bastards..

You need rat poison and traps.. those things track diseases so be careful
yeah bro. I was fully gloved and crap! Damn that was disgusting crap! I'll try and set some trap or use some rat killer somewhere LOL.

In the end the shotgun will come out. hahahahah

Old 01-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
That's one of the weirdest things that I've heard lol I expected some kind of mechanical problem with the intake but not mice! You need a Pied Piper for everytime you come back from a trip.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Clubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond repute
Didn't you have the flap on ? If you did, it would be at closed position when the engine is off, preventing these sort of problems. although most people remove them for constant engine roar

Old 01-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond repute
Those mice are little bastard, we found one in our opel corsa's air cooling ventilation sytem!

Old 01-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by 03-turbo911
That's one of the weirdest things that I've heard lol I expected some kind of mechanical problem with the intake but not mice! You need a Pied Piper for everytime you come back from a trip.
LOL Yes Brother in the end it was funny but still disgusting.
Originally Posted by Clubber
Didn't you have the flap on ? If you did, it would be at closed position when the engine is off, preventing these sort of problems. although most people remove them for constant engine roar
MY car is a normal M3 with the CSL intake retrofitted. The Flap doesnt work on these cars unless the DME is swapped for a CSL one. Then also it takes a lot of custom coding and wiring to make the flap functional. I removed my flao but i'll be covering the opening with some mesh.
Originally Posted by dante71
Those mice are little bastard, we found one in our opel corsa's air cooling ventilation sytem!
YUM!

Old 01-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
djon is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn mice. Hate those furry little f**kers.

I have a CS and was thinking about the Evolve airbox and a Alpha N mapping. How does the Evolve box compare with the original?

Quick Reply: BEWARE CSL Intake Owners. MICE!!!!