Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

M Power Experience: 2013 BMW M5 from Ascari Race Resort

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 11:43 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute

More of the M5 fleet

Most of us liked this jacket so much that we bought one

Huge intakes for increased cooling efficiency

Some of the "toys" we could buy from the gift shop

This is the perfect color for the M5

We also had a chance to have a group discussion with Axel Berkermann, the director of marketing for the M division covering the Americas about the future of ///M, the design features of the new M5, the approach they took, etc. I was asked however not to share the actual details of that discussion.

Hot lap rides!

The track was wet!

Driver change between sessions. Everyone had a chance to drive.

Riding in the back of the car during the "hot lap" was incredibly fun too!

At the back of the pack

A long high speed sweeper turn

A set of "track" tires not for our cars...

Lining our cars up at the pump for some gas

Time for lunch!

By then I had a newfound respect for the 1M

Which color suits the car best?

They really did a good job promoting the ///M brand name even at lunch

We all got a ///M cap

A nice setup for lunch

Staffed by these lovely young ladies

I wonder if the chrome wrap makes it more aerodynamic.

The ///M colored pinstripes were a nice touch too

The angry "visage" of the new M5 reminds me of the older E39 M5

We were also able to demo the F10 M5 in a special edition of Forza 4 too

Stay tuned for more

Old 11-09-2011, 12:00 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
What a fantastic vacation and write-up Jason, thanks for sharing... I am in love with the new M5 AND the 1M... any M car for that matter! Quick questions regarding the interior... I really liked the brushed aluminum in my E60 M5, and I see the new aluminum design has some sort of pattern or relief on it? Is it nice or a bit cheap looking?

Other than that, your thoughts on the handling/power are very insightful. Thanks!

Old 11-09-2011, 01:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice Jason, thank´s for taking time posting this up. I like it best in blue and in white. I know you had a blue one before!

Old 11-09-2011, 01:38 PM
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Axman
Very nice Jason, thank´s for taking time posting this up. I like it best in blue and in white. I know you had a blue one before!
You're right, I had a blue one before..not the same shade of blue but I love them all! I like the new blue better actually. Fits the M5 well.

Originally Posted by gk@domanimotors
What a fantastic vacation and write-up Jason, thanks for sharing... I am in love with the new M5 AND the 1M... any M car for that matter! Quick questions regarding the interior... I really liked the brushed aluminum in my E60 M5, and I see the new aluminum design has some sort of pattern or relief on it? Is it nice or a bit cheap looking?

Other than that, your thoughts on the handling/power are very insightful. Thanks!
Actually, I thought the brushed metal with a very light pattern and was very elegant and well done. Fits the M5 very well but I do think that they should offer CF or even wood as an option as well.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:56 AM
A video that a friend produced
BMW 2012 M5 Launch & Drive, Sevilla, Spain Nov 2011 on Vimeo

And the pictures from the first night, dinner and then introducing the new M5!

4 zone climate control system

Old 11-10-2011, 09:56 AM

Old 11-10-2011, 10:35 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by atomic80
Actually, I thought the brushed metal with a very light pattern and was very elegant and well done. Fits the M5 very well but I do think that they should offer CF or even wood as an option as well.
Thanks bud, I noticed in the pics there are a couple shades of grey... was one of them Singapore Grey? I've only seen Singapore on the M5 configurator and it looks great... wondering what it looks like in person.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by gk@domanimotors
Thanks bud, I noticed in the pics there are a couple shades of grey... was one of them Singapore Grey? I've only seen Singapore on the M5 configurator and it looks great... wondering what it looks like in person.
I think this was Singapore Grey

There was also white and black also. Truthfully, the grey didn't stand out to me. I'm not a big fan of grey in general but it's not bad looking in person. Very understated and elegant. It also had the red interior which I thought looked great. I'd probably go with either red or black with the blue exterior.

There was another one in a special BMW Individual color called Moonstone which is like pearl white metallic. I didn't see it but another guy took a video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMyfwgyvDec

Old 11-10-2011, 11:26 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
WOWSA -

Old 11-10-2011, 11:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute
two thumbs up JT!!, great pictures...

Quick Reply: M Power Experience: 2013 BMW M5 from Ascari Race Resort