Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Just got the email

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 09:51 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, so the D90 with the zoom lens plan didn't happen. I guess with kids you just never know.

On top of the delivery, I had to wash the car myself because I wanted to keep my clearbra'ed M5 swirl free, which you will have to rinse the wash mitt every few wipes to make sure you don't scratch, nobody is going to do that unless you pay them a lot of $$$. The plan was to put baby scud in the M5 with the AC on so he'll fall asleep while I wash the M5 at this cool washing station with good DI water. Of course he decided to not sleep, so with crabby 2 year old, taking picture was not going to happen.

The mrs drove the M3 home because I needed to make sure that the vibration damper replacement solved my high rpm 3rd gear SES issue, and it sure did, not only did it solve the issue, the car felt a lot better and the engine sounds a lot better.

The bad...

She hates the clutch, told me that the clutch is as bad as our old 996 Turbo. Soft with zero feel. I don't understand why 99.99% of all cars short of GT2/3 have these lousy soft as doggie doodoo clutches.

The good...

A2DP, SAT radio, the new iDrive, the NAV, everything was easy to operate, and the M drive button is great too.

The cloth insert? Awesome. It is actually nicer than the cloth insert in the E46 M3. She was a little leery of the cheap regular E90 interior, but she was very happy with the quality of the leather and everything in the M3.

Tomorrow I'll be going to Pasadena, so that should be a fun test route for me to report on the car...

Oh, and apparently we got the last M3 sedan with manual cloth seats and convenience package, since convenience now calls for premium, which will mean a sunroof. So you will have to add the options you want in the convenience a la carte to avoid getting the sunroof. Without the sunroof the E90 interior felt just right. With it, for a 6'2" guy like me with longer torso, it felt claustrophobic. Something to think about for those who are thinking about ordering literally the last M3 sedans.

Attached Images    
Old 08-17-2011, 10:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud of
Gorgeous M3! Love the red.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:28 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Holy crap, that's lovely!

Congrats, Andy!

Old 08-17-2011, 10:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond repute
Nice! Congratulations!
Is that competition pack wheels on it?

Old 08-17-2011, 10:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Gorgeous car. M3 4dr FTW. Love the rims. This is a true gem to add to your amazing collection.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Awwwwww yeahhhhh. Nice pickup Andy. The BMW clutches are not so terrible. Certainly not on par with the shite that is Porsche hydraulic assist.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud of
^Take out CDV. Problem solved.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of light
Sedan looks so much better than the coupe. Good choice.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great, especially the wheels.

Do you not get temporary tags in Cali?

Old 08-18-2011, 12:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ag Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond repute
Im still trying to figure out how you got to the dealership. Loaner car?

Quick Reply: Just got the email