Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

OK, so it's the E36 M3 sedan

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 04:45 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
OK, so it's the E36 M3 sedan

Basically, I am having problems fitting a front facing, a rear facing, and two adults in the E30, so I am contemplating a 4 door.

But since I already have a nice 4 door, and since we do plan on getting another Turbo/GT in a year, to 18 months, I don't want to spend a huge amount on another nice 4 door like the RS4, the E90 M3, etc.

That really leaves the E36 M3 manual sedan. Yes I know, for the same amount I can get a ZHP, but between the ZHP and the E36 M3, the M3 wins, every time, for me.

There is one that is very promising with really good body, paint, and interior, and seems like still enough of a life left on the engine and trans that it can be the primary get arounder once I clearbraed it. Not to mention when the TX move happens in a few years I can put an S54 in a much more modern chassis than the E30 and not worry about smog and CARB. Then it will become the E36 M3 that I always wanted.

The question is what do I do with the E30? If I sell it I might get 7K if I am really lucky because of the condition and upgrades. Most likely not, then I would be inclined to keep it. But then, if the E36 M3 sedan is here, I have a feeling the E30 wouldn't get driven hardly at all. And when the Turbo/GT comes, it really will never get driven. I guess what I am saying is that I am OK getting rid of it, but since I probably won't hardly get anything for it, it would be hard for me to want sell it. Or can I donate it, or do they only allow you to claim the top retail blue book on taxes?

Old 04-22-2011, 04:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Try posting on various enthusiast forums; ie bimmerforums, rondell, pelican parts, turnermotorsport classifieds, s14.net (e30 specific). This will get you the most. Also, if it has an mods, sell them piece by piece and return in to stock.

I currently own a 99 M3 and still really enjoy it.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
Try posting on various enthusiast forums; ie bimmerforums, rondell, pelican parts, turnermotorsport classifieds, s14.net (e30 specific). This will get you the most. Also, if it has an mods, sell them piece by piece and return in to stock.

I currently own a 99 M3 and still really enjoy it.
It's really hard to make someone who has never owned a really old BMW to understand how much a turnkey older BMW is really worth.

I know I wished someone had told me that. I thought hey, the car was only 2400 bucks, how bad could it be?

And more than 15 grand later, the car is now turnkey and has the plastic bumper and some nice Euro OEM parts like the rear sunshade, euro ellipsoids with xenon bulbs, and heated seats (never available in the coupe).

I have had 2 E36 M3's. I enjoyed them immensely. I also was cuffed and watched one towed away in Bakersfield when I was young and dumb.

I really thought I can make the E30 work and drive it forever, now I just don't know. Going to try fitting the seats again tonight, but I am not optimistic.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
I am selling my M3/4/5 and getting a ZHP.

Old 04-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond repute
Drive your E30 out here for me to purchase, and pick up Connor's M3 sedan for the trip back. Problem solved!

Old 04-24-2011, 03:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
You can donate the E30 to me.

Old 04-24-2011, 03:28 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Originally Posted by wyatth
You can donate the E30 to me.
Sorry, have a classic BMW collector expressing interest...