Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

M5 Tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 01:13 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
M5 Tires

Well was about to pull trigger on new pilot sports for the M5, and I came across some reviews on the Ventus V12 evo K110(Max Performance Summer).

Price is cheap and so many reviews give them great ratings... Any personal experience? 60% of the price of the sports...

Old 04-18-2011, 01:28 PM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C Money
Well was about to pull trigger on new pilot sports for the M5, and I came across some reviews on the Ventus V12 evo K110(Max Performance Summer).

Price is cheap and so many reviews give them great ratings... Any personal experience? 60% of the price of the sports...
I haven't run those, and don't know any friends who have. I've been really happy with the performance of my Sumitomo HTR Z III for everyday non track driving. They have good grip, quiet, comfortable - wet weather performance could be a bit better. I've also heard good news from the Continental ExtremeContact DW. Little less than the Mich PS. No doubt PS or new Super Sport will feel amazing, but more money.

Old 04-18-2011, 01:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
Best tires I ever had on my M5 were Pirelli PZero Corsa Systems. They come in OEM sizes, and they're a noticeable step up in grip from the PS2s. Noise is not an issue, and (shockingly) I got the same 10k miles on a set that I got with the PS2s. More expensive for sure, but the worst mistake I've ever made with a sports car was putting on cheap tires. A set of Kumho Ecstas ruined, and I mean ruined, the driving experience with my old C4S.

Stick with the name brands, I say, at least for tires.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:37 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
decided to go with the new Super Sports... everywhere i read and everyone I talk to says they are the best tires to come out in a long time! Go a pretty good too at my local shop. Should be here Wed/Thurs

Old 04-18-2011, 04:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C Money
decided to go with the new Super Sports... everywhere i read and everyone I talk to says they are the best tires to come out in a long time! Go a pretty good too at my local shop. Should be here Wed/Thurs

Mmm, I forgot they were out. That'll be a great choice.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:25 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
I am going to try them on mine too once my current set of PS front and PS2 rears are worn...