Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

The New M5 Concept - Exclusive Live Leaked photos

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 04:55 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Stunning car that pleases my eyes. I've seen F10 550's that I thought were gorgeous and the M iteration blows them away.

Video:

YouTube - BMW M5 Concept Presented!

Old 04-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SamWise has a reputation beyond reputeSamWise has a reputation beyond reputeSamWise has a reputation beyond reputeSamWise has a reputation beyond reputeSamWise has a reputation beyond reputeSamWise has a reputation beyond reputeSamWise has a reputation beyond reputeSamWise has a reputation beyond reputeSamWise has a reputation beyond reputeSamWise has a reputation beyond reputeSamWise has a reputation beyond repute
I dont think anything will top the E39 M5 in my book, but this is a big upgrade from the E60. I think some new wheels and the added "M mirrors" will completely change the look of this car. Look forward to the final version.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
looks good but if this is the concept, then the production version can only be more tame / less agressive...thats not good

Old 04-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
frshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond repute
^ Usually the concepts are 99% of what the production version will look like. I bet the only things that will be different are the wheels and mirrors, that's about it.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Nath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to all
Looks grear! I love that color. Does anyone know its name?

Old 04-06-2011, 06:04 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SamWise
I dont think anything will top the E39 M5 in my book, but this is a big upgrade from the E60. I think some new wheels and the added "M mirrors" will completely change the look of this car. Look forward to the final version.
Actually, I see traces of E39 M5 in it.

I too am so happy to see the new M5 is back to the forceful yet understated and classic BMW look.

I don't 100K like it, but I would probably pick up a nice used one in a few years.

Wait, don't let my E39 M5 hear that!

Old 04-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Maitre_Absolut
looks good but if this is the concept, then the production version can only be more tame / less agressive...thats not good
Nah, the important thing is that this thing looks awesome and classic BMW, unlike the bangled E60 with the flame surfacing.

Oh, and real brakes this time, finally.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AUTOCAR
BMW’s M division has gone back to the drawing board with the fifth-generation BMW M5, giving it a twin-turbocharged 4.4-litre V8 engine. It’s the first time that Munich’s iconic super-saloon has used forced induction rather than a highly strung naturally aspirated powerplant.

The F10 M5 is set to make its world debut as a thinly disguised ‘concept’ at the Shanghai show later this month.

The virtually unchanged production version is slated to appear at the Frankfurt show in September, with the car going on sale in the UK in November, priced at around £75k.

The new M5’s 4395cc forced-induction engine makes 552bhp and a thumping 510lb ft of torque — a solid 52bhp and 126lb ft more than the outgoing model’s naturally aspirated 5.0-litre V10, which is being discontinued after just seven years.

“Turbocharging provides more power and performance but with better fuel economy and emissions,” says Albert Biermann, BMW M’s head of R&D. The V8 is the same ‘S63’ unit used in the X5 M and X6 M, but with revised induction and exhausts for sharper throttle response and a more solid top end.

Official performance figures won’t be reveled until Frankfurt, but Autocar sources have revealed that standing-start acceleration has been improved by up to two-tenths of a second.

This points to a 0-62mph time of around 4.5sec — equalling the straight-line performance of its main saloon rival, the £73,415 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG.
Read more here:M5 back with turbo V8 power - Autocar.co.uk