Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

EVO: 25 years of the BMW M5

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
Check the classifieds on bimmerforums, M5board, or the FS section at the Turnermotorsports site.
I have looked everywhere! Most are refinished, which never looks right or goes to "silver"... So frustrating driving around with a big black spot on my wheel!

Old 03-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Official Teamspeed Duck's Fan
BuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond repute
I need to have mine redone. I love the shadow crome finish, but mine are too far gone. I think I will go with a satin black or dark gray finish.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C Money
I have looked everywhere! Most are refinished, which never looks right or goes to "silver"... So frustrating driving around with a big black spot on my wheel!
I got two wheels from one of those forums, and nothing beats a new one really. They were supposedly original, and looking through the guy's post where he originally bought from, he was telling the truth. But they were repaired. Basically, most of these for sale on the forums have stories, and are usually repaired.

The M wheel is very hard to be properly repaired, the ones I got required double stack wheeel weight along practically a quarter of the circumference.

I ended up buying a new one from Tischer, my family's lives are worth more than 400 bucks.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:48 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
nice zinger at the end... fail

Old 03-10-2011, 11:15 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C Money
nice zinger at the end... fail
Sorry if you took offense.

What I am trying to say is that you are gambling with these wheels from the forums.

The M5 wheel is very difficult to repair right, and if the refinish was decent, the seller could honestly thought that he got an original wheel.

I think we can all agree that a wheel that needs a double stack of wheel weight the length of a 1/4 of the wheel circumference is probably not the safest thing to put on your car.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
I drove an E60 M5 for 4 years, and I still miss it.

That said (and yes, call me a heretic), I wished it had AWD. Around Austin, it just spun its wheels in 1st and 2nd. If it could just put the power down, it would have been mental. As it was, it was one of those cars that didn't really come alive until 80mph. A 3rd gear blast to pass cars at highway speed was just amazing fun. The look on other drivers' faces...

Old 03-11-2011, 08:58 AM
Banned
3rd and 4th in the E39 are by far the most fun... 1st and 2nd are blaaaaa...

Old 03-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Old 03-11-2011, 11:34 AM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BuzzedHornet
I need to have mine redone. I love the shadow crome finish, but mine are too far gone. I think I will go with a satin black or dark gray finish.
I'm going on a mountain drive with my buddy this weekend. He refinished his 18" E39 M5 wheels in a beautiful semi gloss gunmetal color. I'll post tons of pics next weekend. It looks stunning with carbon black.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by mtechnik
I'm going on a mountain drive with my buddy this weekend. He refinished his 18" E39 M5 wheels in a beautiful semi gloss gunmetal color. I'll post tons of pics next weekend. It looks stunning with carbon black.
Very interested... Thanks enjoy ur drive

Quick Reply: EVO: 25 years of the BMW M5