Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Squeaky brakes

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond repute
Squeaky brakes

Hey guys, as some of you know I recently got a 08 M3. I've been driving it quite a bit and have noticed at low speed stops the brakes make a pretty loud squeaky noise. I took it to the dealer and they just told me there is probably something in the brakes, just do some hard braking and it will go away. Well, that was a little more than a week ago and the squeak is still there. Is this normal since it is only low speed braking or is something wrong?

Old 01-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Jeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond repute
Oil up the rotors and the squeaks will go away.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:22 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jmusser3r
Hey guys, as some of you know I recently got a 08 M3. I've been driving it quite a bit and have noticed at low speed stops the brakes make a pretty loud squeaky noise. I took it to the dealer and they just told me there is probably something in the brakes, just do some hard braking and it will go away. Well, that was a little more than a week ago and the squeak is still there. Is this normal since it is only low speed braking or is something wrong?
It is perfectly normal. If you do a few hard brake 'cleaning' runs, the noise will temporarily go away, but it will more than likely come back. High performance brakes tend to be noisy, such is life.

Old 01-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by ljg
It is perfectly normal. If you do a few hard brake 'cleaning' runs, the noise will temporarily go away, but it will more than likely come back. High performance brakes tend to be noisy, such is life.
Yep what he said.

And it guaranteed to give off the biggest old school bus squeek when you pull up to a hot girl.

Old 01-09-2011, 04:17 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Its something normal, happens as well with non PCCB porsche's,AMG etc.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:19 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Go out, get some speed and SLAM the pedal, FULL ABS, two or three times. Works on all three of my M3's and my 6er. At least 60 mph and to the floor.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by calypso
Yep what he said.

And it guaranteed to give off the biggest old school bus squeek when you pull up to a hot girl.
Haha, well if that hot girl is willing to get into a car with squeaky brakes she's fine by me

Originally Posted by Brobbins016
Go out, get some speed and SLAM the pedal, FULL ABS, two or three times. Works on all three of my M3's and my 6er. At least 60 mph and to the floor.
Thanks Brobbins. I will give that a shot here sometime in the next few days and see if it works for me.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:07 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
TiAgMC is an unknown quantity at this point
Good luck with that dealer, they're HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!! JK I used to work there

Old 01-10-2011, 12:59 AM
KT
I give good hugs. Bo, you're first.
KT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Its something normal, happens as well with non PCCB porsche's,AMG etc.
Yep, mine squeak like crazy.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:59 AM
Official Teamspeed Duck's Fan
BuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond repute
Its the fvcking Toyota sticker on the back. Remove it an the breaks will be just fine.

Quick Reply: Squeaky brakes