Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Video: ///M6 Drift FAIL

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 07:18 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Just because you can afford it... doesn't mean you got skills son

Old 08-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Since we heard no laughter or "oh shit" from behind the camera Im gonna say M6 driver set up a tripod to get that video

....Toolbag failness

Old 08-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
He was a member on the 6. Or even possibly here!
Forgot his SN.

He is somewhere in Oregon, or the pacific NW for sure.
IIRC he said, it just happened so fast, they were doing a photoshoot that day and tires weren't warm enough.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Official Teamspeed Duck's Fan
BuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Yep his name is Tim and he owns 503 Motoring. Very good driver and they were doing a video shoot and "he messed up". He was the first to post the video when it happened and laughed at himself. Cool guy.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
lolz

Old 08-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Ooops

Old 08-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
503TIm is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Ok, So I guess I should clear the air here. The video that is being posted was downloaded, cut-up and re-posted by some guy on a German You Tubers page. There was a longer video originally that I POSTED the day after the accident happened. It shows the camera crews and the aftermath of the accident all in stunning HD. It was pulled down later due to insurance reasons.

We had a Camera Crew here from a BET affiliate getting footage of some of the cars and on camera footage of the work we do. The plan was to produce a pilot for a NW auto show. The shoot was only supposed to be some good rolling shots of our cars. but first.....BURNOUTS!!!!!! NO DSC YESSS!!!!!!!!

soooooo after that we ended up far out on Skyline blvd on a cold November morning (it was about 30F) and so we set up to do some rolling shots. I made one pass, two pass and on the third pass as I came into the corner about 30mph and when the car started to lean the drivers side tires hit the wet part of the roadway that was extremely slick. The rear end immediately came out from behind me (as DSC was still off....DOH!!!) and as my thought process worked I had two choices, counter-steer and try to "Drift" my way out of it. Which potentially could of had me sliding further up the hill where there were no trees to stop me and a 40 foot fall. OR steer into it a bit and head for a small patch of trees that where is front of about a 15 foot fall. Hmmmmmm.I'll take choice B Alex.

So that's it. I had the guys edit it real quick and I posted it up for all to see. Not for any other reason than look at how I f'd up. I find it HI-Larious that all these keyboard cowboys including the one who posted this video think I was trying to drift, and that I set up my own camera to shoot my amazing drifting abilities. I have taken many classes, attended many track days and as a lot of these guys on here can attest am one hell of a driver. But alas, I am not perfect and mistakes happen. At least I am not to chicken shit to poke fun at myself and show my mistakes. And the way I look at it for all the haters out there....at least I had an M6 to wreck.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Knox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really nice
Originally Posted by 503TIm
Ok, So I guess I should clear the air here. The video that is being posted was downloaded, cut-up and re-posted by some guy on a German You Tubers page. There was a longer video originally that I POSTED the day after the accident happened. It shows the camera crews and the aftermath of the accident all in stunning HD. It was pulled down later due to insurance reasons.

We had a Camera Crew here from a BET affiliate getting footage of some of the cars and on camera footage of the work we do. The plan was to produce a pilot for a NW auto show. The shoot was only supposed to be some good rolling shots of our cars. but first.....BURNOUTS!!!!!! NO DSC YESSS!!!!!!!!

soooooo after that we ended up far out on Skyline blvd on a cold November morning (it was about 30F) and so we set up to do some rolling shots. I made one pass, two pass and on the third pass as I came into the corner about 30mph and when the car started to lean the drivers side tires hit the wet part of the roadway that was extremely slick. The rear end immediately came out from behind me (as DSC was still off....DOH!!!) and as my thought process worked I had two choices, counter-steer and try to "Drift" my way out of it. Which potentially could of had me sliding further up the hill where there were no trees to stop me and a 40 foot fall. OR steer into it a bit and head for a small patch of trees that where is front of about a 15 foot fall. Hmmmmmm.I'll take choice B Alex.

So that's it. I had the guys edit it real quick and I posted it up for all to see. Not for any other reason than look at how I f'd up. I find it HI-Larious that all these keyboard cowboys including the one who posted this video think I was trying to drift, and that I set up my own camera to shoot my amazing drifting abilities. I have taken many classes, attended many track days and as a lot of these guys on here can attest am one hell of a driver. But alas, I am not perfect and mistakes happen. At least I am not to chicken shit to poke fun at myself and show my mistakes. And the way I look at it for all the haters out there....at least I had an M6 to wreck.
+1 reputation for being a stand up guy who can laugh at himself. Thanks for joining TS.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:53 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Tim, you are clearly a stand up guy who I believe (from your post) has some ability behind the wheel. From the video posted though, you can understand why DJ and the other members who posted along the lines of "fail" would do so since the video doesn't tell the whole story.

Thanks for splainin' the mishap.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:53 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
503TIm is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Alex
Tim, you are clearly a stand up guy who I believe (from your post) has some ability behind the wheel. From the video posted though, you can understand why DJ and the other members who posted along the lines of "fail" would do so since the video doesn't tell the whole story.

Thanks for splainin' the mishap.
Yeah that is why the "splainin" was needed. Thanks :-)

Quick Reply: Video: ///M6 Drift FAIL