Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Spy Photos: 2012 BMW F12 M6 - Near The "Ring"

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010 | 10:39 AM
|
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Post Spy Photos: 2012 BMW F12 M6 - Near The "Ring"

For the last few months, there's been a barrage of BMW 6 Series spy shots. But with the coupe and convertible performing a slow striptease in Germany, one model has been noticeably absent: the next-generation M6.

Caught testing this morning outside the Nurburgring, BMW's high-po coupe differs from its staid siblings with upgraded wheels, drilled brake rotors and the standard M-style quad exhausts. The front bumper also benefits from a slight reworking when compared to the standard 6 Series, with an enlarged lower air dam and something we haven't seen on previous prototypes: a strip of LED turn signal indicators just below the restyled headlamps.

If the 2012 M6 is anything like its predecessors, it's safe to assume that the all-new M5's powerplant will carry over to the coupe and convertible models. If that's the case, the next M6 will be packing a modified version of the twin-turbocharged 4.4-liter V8 currently fitted to the X5 M and X6 M, with output somewhere north of 555 horsepower and 500 pound-feet of torque. All signs point to a Paris Motor Show debut for the revised 6 Series, so we'd expect the M6 to debut early next year and go on sale as a 2012 model.

Source: Autoblog

Old 06-22-2010 | 11:42 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
BMW, please make this car look deadly. Thanks.

Old 06-22-2010 | 12:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gk@domanimotors
BMW, please make this car look deadly. Thanks.
+1
I'm not too sure about it considering these pictures but you never know, I'm keeping my hopes up for something great

Old 06-23-2010 | 01:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
I miss BMWs knife-edge designs. I know its pre-production, but these cars are becoming unbaringly bland.

Old 06-23-2010 | 03:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
^^ agreed

Old 06-26-2010 | 04:41 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
avlnch has a spectacular aura aboutavlnch has a spectacular aura aboutavlnch has a spectacular aura aboutavlnch has a spectacular aura aboutavlnch has a spectacular aura aboutavlnch has a spectacular aura aboutavlnch has a spectacular aura aboutavlnch has a spectacular aura aboutavlnch has a spectacular aura aboutavlnch has a spectacular aura aboutavlnch has a spectacular aura about
It almost looks like it is smiling.

The concept photos of the black 6 series with LED's look great though.

Old 06-27-2010 | 12:04 AM
|
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Even in these spy shots, the lines/stance looks sporty/muscular, yet elegant.

I have a hunch this will be one of BMW's prettiest cars to date. Really looking forward to it!

Old 06-27-2010 | 09:25 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond repute
We really have no idea what's coming but from I see from the new 5 series body style IMO it sucks. Too rounded, bulbus and bland.
No edges to appear sharp and cutting. None.
Regarding the coming power it appears BMW is already behind Mercedes.
The coming F10 M5 V8 TT will be running 21 psi. So how much can you tune without having to change internals.
Have you seen the power the MB plants will be making?

I'm keeping my S85's and make them better (V10 all the way).

Ranger

Old 06-27-2010 | 03:06 PM
cupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond repute
Agree with Ranger. Will the F10 ever scream the way the E60 did?

Old 06-28-2010 | 01:30 PM
|
TS BMW Forums
Not to get all philosophical, but design language is somewhat influenced by the current social environment (economy, architecture...). I feel the new 5er exudes elegance and sportiness. I have a feeleing some women were a bit turned off by the E60 styling and went over to the Benz and Lexus lots for other options. Although, I may be way off because my Mom thinks her AW LCI E60 535i is beautiful inside and out. With that said, BMW designers may have styled the current 5er and uocoming 6er to appeal to a wider target audience. Most professionals who buy a mid sized premium luxury sedan want something comfortable, beautiful, and sporty to drive.

Us gearheads and pure enthusiasts are never going to be 100% satasfied with the 5 Series right out of the box. M5 is a different story. More performance, and look, but still not enough for us all. All I'm saying at the end of the day is, the M5/6 is performance luxury GT that has to please a wide customer base all over the world.

Ranger, and COB, I'm sure we'll have some nasty exhaust systems for the M5/6 S63 engine 4.4L twin turbo. IMO the F10 5er has some sharper edges than the E60 has. Rear end looks more aggressive than the E60 5er. Front is a little softer though. Although it looks lower and sleeker because how the kidney grills and headlights are placed.

This is totally my viewpoint as a BMW Enthusiast. I have the chance to meet some BMW execs for a round table customer discussion at the SC plant on 7/12. It's going to be interesting to pick their brains for a bit.

Posted in 2008 by BMWBLOG. I wouldnt' mind if the F12/13 6er looked like this!

Quick Reply: Spy Photos: 2012 BMW F12 M6 - Near The "Ring"