Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Figured to finally introduce myself, Z4M

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 05:31 AM
Teamspeed Member
j03chu is an unknown quantity at this point
Figured to finally introduce myself, Z4M

hello guys!

I've lurked this forum for quite a while now and thought to post a few pictures of my z4m

i hadn't had any new pictures taken of the car unfortunately, I really need to get on that, perhaps pick up a used SLR of some sort.

some mods:

AFE intake
RPI scoops
H&R coilovers
ARQUAY Ti catback
TECKCARBON headlights (member from zpost.com that works on headlights)
VMR 710's with 245 and 275 Kumho esctas
Satin painted grills and M emblems (not pictured sadly due to the lack of pics)
BRAILLE 15lbs battery
Roof, the bottom of the front bumper's valence vinyl'ed gloss black

Thinking of picking up some nice and wide ccw classics in 18's, perhaps grab a couple of lightweight CF buckets.

I'm on my college budget quest to obtain close to 380-390 crank hp, dyno'ing around 320-330 rwhp would be ideal. I also want to try to cut some weight here and there, (I know the vmr's aren't light, but I'll change that =P) to try to reach < 3100lbs So far I've probably saved around :

25lbs from switching out the stock catback
30lbs from the battery

it is in my plans to switch out the stock m seats for some buckets. M seats I've heard could weigh around 70lbs or so, so switching to light buckets, for around 30lbs with brackets a piece, i could save another 80lbs.

So far I've lost about 55lbs, and with the seats, it'll save another 80lbs, making it 135lbs.

from the reported dry'ish weight of the z4mc from members from zpost, the stock car typically weigh around 3230-3250lbs, so my car with buckets could weigh in at around 3100-3120lbs, hopefully.

I'm not sure how much I've gained/lost hp-wise about the intake and exhaust, or how much potential weight I've lost as well. My plan to reach 320 rwhp is :

Either supersprint stepped headers (a bit expensive but up to 22rwhp gains)
Or the active works gen IV headers (essentially a catless headers with 2 proper o2 bungs for the ecu to stay happy)
X pipe, and midpipe, need suggestions here... and most likely a ESS or RPI sotftware tune.

stock s54's dyno from 270rwhp to mid 280's rwhp, so, hopefully I'm not too far from my goals

I'll surely update this thread or perhaps start new ones when i get new pictures to document my build.

Needless to say, I'm blabbering here, just wanted to say hi=]

Thanks for looking!

Old 05-27-2010, 05:35 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great! Welcome to the TEAM!

Old 05-27-2010, 05:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Great looking ZM welcome to the team

Old 05-27-2010, 05:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Nice, love the Z4M.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:05 AM
Teamspeed Member
Shawn Schroer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Shawn Schroer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Shawn Schroer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Shawn Schroer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Shawn Schroer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Shawn Schroer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Shawn Schroer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Shawn Schroer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Shawn Schroer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Shawn Schroer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Shawn Schroer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Welcome fellow bimmer...fine looking Z...!

Old 05-27-2010, 06:23 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud of
I love it !! how does it compete with the E46 M3 ??

o yeah and

Old 05-27-2010, 07:20 AM
Teamspeed Member
j03chu is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks for the quick welcome at late hours. hahaha.

Originally Posted by hamadjamsheer
I love it !! how does it compete with the E46 M3 ??

o yeah and
I've driven my buddies m3 years ago before when i still drove a s2000. The gearbox of the m3 felt loose and just... soft.? couldn't find the word to describe it. But the engine certainly felt the same, and the z4m is just on a lighter chassis, the e86. On the z4m, the engine placement along with the driving position of the car makes you feel like you're right in between the 2 front and rear wheels when you're cornering. The gear box feels stouter as it's a modified z4 3.0 manual gearbox; different than m3's. As for the driving feel, the steering is hydraulic so it has a more analog feel to it. Hmm hopefully that answered some of your questions

Old 05-27-2010, 07:35 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I love this car, like a baby Z8. 320wrhp sounds too optimistic for bolt ons but I do believe the long SS headers can benefit to a lot of power.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I love Z4M's as well and yours is beautifully modified! Welcome to the Team and good luck with your quest for power!

Old 05-27-2010, 09:41 AM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to TS! Very nice Z4 M! I used to have VMR V710's on my E90.

Quick Reply: Figured to finally introduce myself, Z4M