Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

The mods have begun, M3's diary

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 06:56 AM
CH.
Teamspeed Senior Member
CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Very nice M3, great color but I'm not a fan of the exterior mods, prefer the M3 stock...

How's the search going on the E46 CSL?

Old 03-01-2010, 07:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Vorsteiner CSL-look trunk lid, very tasteful modifications.
Yes, I want to keep it looking subtle. The Vorsteiner stuff is so well designed. It almost looks like something from the OEM catalogue.

Originally Posted by Nicke
Interesting use of the hood vent as intake. Now just build a scoop on the hood over the hood vent and you got ram-air

Looking forward for rest of the mods!
It is there as well on the OEM version, I think it is to let air flow from freely through the airbox at speed. It's more for an exit than intake of air by the looks of it.

Originally Posted by ECB
Like it!

now you might want to contact G-Power to get a SC kit and if the AA exhaust does not meet your expectations I would strongly recommend the Akrapovic exhaust system...
Thanks. I'm not going to do anything too drastic just yet. I want to enjoy the car for a bit first. As it is also a limited edition in my country, I don't want to go too over the top. All the stuff I have put on is mostly bolt on. I can take it off quite effortlessly at a later stage if I wish.

I had a look at the Akrapovic system, but it's not the sound I'm looking for. Hence why I am taking the AA system. As a bonus, it's a bit cheaper

Old 03-01-2010, 07:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CH.
Very nice M3, great color but I'm not a fan of the exterior mods, prefer the M3 stock...

How's the search going on the E46 CSL?
Thanks CH. I'm only doing this as the car comes "blacked out" and dropped in height from BMW already. I would not do this to the normal M3 either.

CSL search is hopeless. I had a look at a 6000 mile example this past weekend and to my disappointment, the car has been severely abused. So I passed without even going for a test drive. My unicorn is out there somewhere, I'm in no hurry at this stage though. If a great example comes along, I will be there!

Old 03-01-2010, 07:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
The intake looks amazing, Mike! How have you been enjoying driving the M3 thus far?

I'd love to see more pics of the rest of the car as the mods progress.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:09 AM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
Exhaust: Kreissieg, Mike

Old 03-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Looking Good Mike!

Old 03-01-2010, 12:23 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike S
Thanks Mo.

I have Vorsteiner CF front lip, CF type II rear diffuser already on their way as we speak. I am probably going to get the Vorsteiner CSL-look trunk lid as well.

My Active Autowerke signature exhaust is also on it's way to me as we speak.

That will be it then for the M3.
The AA exhaust will sound great. Your M3 will be perfect after these mods!

Old 03-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Alzilla
The intake looks amazing, Mike! How have you been enjoying driving the M3 thus far?

I'd love to see more pics of the rest of the car as the mods progress.
Thanks Alzilla. I am starting to enjoy the car more and more now that the motor is run in. Have only done about 100 miles since the car has been run in. So I will be able to give a proper review in due course.

Originally Posted by Ced
Exhaust: Kreissieg, Mike
Thanks Ced, there is a local owner with the Kreissieg valve-tronic system on his car, but the guys can't seem to get the valve working. It sounds too raspy for my liking. Once again, just personal preference.

Originally Posted by Fuel&Fire
Looking Good Mike!
Thanks F&F!

Originally Posted by gk@domanimotors
The AA exhaust will sound great. Your M3 will be perfect after these mods!
Thanks gk! AA has the best sound for me IMO.

Here is what the AA system sounds like for the rest of you that aren't familiar with it.
YouTube - E92 M3 with Active Autowerke Exhaust

Old 03-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Well done Mike!!

Have you heard the AA in person? It's an exhaust that I think is always loud, whether you're launching hard or just lightly cruising away from a stop. I took part in an exhaust review with some other Houston M3 owners and this may help you. I was the stock in the vid as I'm saving up for the full Akra Evolution system after I get an SUV for work.
YouTube - BMW E9X M3 Exhaust Comparison Video 5

Old 03-01-2010, 01:02 PM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great, Mike! You have a great list of mods planned for your beautiful M3. Congrats again!

Quick Reply: The mods have begun, M3's diary