Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

People PM'ing about details on my M3, here you go: Pics Fastest SC M3 130 mph trap

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010 | 04:57 PM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
Sticky is on a distinguished roadSticky is on a distinguished roadSticky is on a distinguished roadSticky is on a distinguished roadSticky is on a distinguished roadSticky is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Josh
If we are talking about all M3s, there are a number of cars making well over 1000rwhp.
Well, we are talking about the E9X which it makes it correct.

There are not a number of M3's making over 1000 rwhp, you are thinking of turbo E46's and you are incorrect. The HPF Stage 4 has not hit 4 figure yet the only car supposedly there is Taza's.

Old 02-26-2010 | 04:58 PM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
Sticky is on a distinguished roadSticky is on a distinguished roadSticky is on a distinguished roadSticky is on a distinguished roadSticky is on a distinguished roadSticky is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jim
Were any mods to the tranny necessary to handle all that power?
Tranny holds it just find but would overheat after a burnout on the dragstrip with the SC. I now have a custom transmission cooler.

Old 02-26-2010 | 04:58 PM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by avlnch
The GPower SK-II on the M5 did ~729 on the dyno. Very impressive that the M3 did 700.
Also, the SMG on the 2010 M5 could handle the power and torque.
SMG and DCT are two completely different worlds.

Where is the G-power SKII's dyno at the wheels? G-power has blown a lot of motors and they pretty much just give a press release for everything the moment it comes out with rarely any results to back it up, certainly no timeslips.

Old 02-26-2010 | 05:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Josh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sticky

There are not a number of M3's making over 1000 rwhp, you are thinking of turbo E46's and you are incorrect. The HPF Stage 4 has not hit 4 figure yet the only car supposedly there is Taza's.

Actually, I am thinking of E36s and there are few out there, both in the US and abroad.

Old 02-26-2010 | 05:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sticky
I was just about to say the same thing... Your car is also a DCT.

Old 02-26-2010 | 05:52 PM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by Josh
Actually, I am thinking of E36s and there are few out there, both in the US and abroad.
Hmm, the fastest overall M3 in the US is the Maximum PSI car and I haven't seen a number of them making over 1000... I don't believe a single one has.

I'm sure there are some abroad as there are some very fast BMW's over in Europe but I do not follow that scene closely.