Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

My X6m Runs 12.5 @ 110 Mph

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 01:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
The X6M is incredible!!!

Old 11-30-2009, 04:44 PM
Teamspeed Member
HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by jaymoney
I live in the US northeast. I was invited to the debut of the X6M at my local dealership and when I asked for a test drive, I was told that the car had not reached the 1200 mile "break-in" period and that I would not experience the full potential of the car. That is when the dealer told me about the lower horse power at purchase. I have never owned an M and don't know about the "myths". I'm speaking only about the facts given to me by the dealer.
Being a new model, I found my dealer to be particularly clueless about most of the X5/6///M's drivetrain, maintenance, features.

As Bonehead indicated, full power all the time. Some minor gains in performance as the motor is broken in, but not enough to merit attention.

Another myth is that launch control has to be turned on at the dealer - that is also false.

Full potential of this platform definitely = launch control. Brake/full throttle/let go of the brake and let the truck do the rest. (although brn996tt sounds like he figured out the best 1/4 is from manually shifting pre-redline).