Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

My X6m Runs 12.5 @ 110 Mph

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 02:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
brn996tt has a reputation beyond reputebrn996tt has a reputation beyond reputebrn996tt has a reputation beyond reputebrn996tt has a reputation beyond reputebrn996tt has a reputation beyond reputebrn996tt has a reputation beyond reputebrn996tt has a reputation beyond reputebrn996tt has a reputation beyond reputebrn996tt has a reputation beyond reputebrn996tt has a reputation beyond reputebrn996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 03-turbo911
How long is this thing staying stock? Hope to see you today at the meet!
Hi man , this thing is not staying stock , the first thing are those ugly stock wheels they are too small for this car , i need to find me something that will fill the fender arches , trust me i will try me best to keep stock , but this suv has a lot of potential .
by the way what meet ? nobody told me

Old 11-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
brn996tt has a reputation beyond reputebrn996tt has a reputation beyond reputebrn996tt has a reputation beyond reputebrn996tt has a reputation beyond reputebrn996tt has a reputation beyond reputebrn996tt has a reputation beyond reputebrn996tt has a reputation beyond reputebrn996tt has a reputation beyond reputebrn996tt has a reputation beyond reputebrn996tt has a reputation beyond reputebrn996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HIRISC
Assuming since you staged last, that time was not with launch control, correct?

Heck of a time.

No tracks near me, so I have to rely on the GTech or you guys for 1/4 mile times.
actually it was with launch control and i was using the pedal shift
with the normal shift i lost .2 , my best was 12.7
and i have noticed you have to shift about 500 rpm before red line especially on first and secon gear

Old 11-29-2009, 02:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Only 600 miles on that thing and taking it to the dragstrip already? R.e.s.p.e.c.t.

Seriously quick car.

Old 11-29-2009, 03:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by brn996tt

Hi man , this thing is not staying stock , the first thing are those ugly stock wheels they are too small for this car , i need to find me something that will fill the fender arches , trust me i will try me best to keep stock , but this suv has a lot of potential .
by the way what meet ? nobody told me

Yeah, knowing you I'm pretty sure that it's going to look pretty different!

We had a TS meet today afternoon! I'll make sure you're invited next meet.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
We had a TS meet today afternoon! I'll make sure you're invited next meet.[/QUOTE]
thanks

Old 11-29-2009, 04:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
I'm thinking about an X6M. I was told the car will come "tuned down" to around 400HP until you reach 1200 miles. After the break in period the dealer will release the rest of the car's performance. Has this happened to you car yet? If you have more HP unrealized, I would think that that thing will be crazy. Also, I have heard that ECU reprogramming will unleash close to another 100 HP.

Old 11-29-2009, 05:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by jaymoney
I'm thinking about an X6M. I was told the car will come "tuned down" to around 400HP until you reach 1200 miles. After the break in period the dealer will release the rest of the car's performance. Has this happened to you car yet? If you have more HP unrealized, I would think that that thing will be crazy. Also, I have heard that ECU reprogramming will unleash close to another 100 HP.
the car i have is middle east spec , i dont think the car will be de tunned
from the first 100 miles the car feels strong i even raced stock m5 and believe it or not from dig i could me the m5 to top speed our x6m limits to 277km/h the m5 limits to 260 km/h , as you said the car has potential with ecu flash , i have seen a flash 335 gain about 50 hp with ease , imagine what can achieve with this monster engine
trust me get one , driving this suv is amazing
the looks , bmw could done a better job

Old 11-29-2009, 05:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jaymoney
That was a stupid myth perpetuated by on the M5 forums back when the E60 came out in 2005-6. It's crap. All ponies are available from the get go.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:42 PM
cupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond repute
brn996tt.. sorry we didn't get a chance to race today. Maybe tomorrow inshala.

I had enough races today and it was so much fun! You should have joined us in the meet today!

Old 11-29-2009, 10:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bonehead
That was a stupid myth perpetuated by on the M5 forums back when the E60 came out in 2005-6. It's crap. All ponies are available from the get go.
I live in the US northeast. I was invited to the debut of the X6M at my local dealership and when I asked for a test drive, I was told that the car had not reached the 1200 mile "break-in" period and that I would not experience the full potential of the car. That is when the dealer told me about the lower horse power at purchase. I have never owned an M and don't know about the "myths". I'm speaking only about the facts given to me by the dealer.

Quick Reply: My X6m Runs 12.5 @ 110 Mph