Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Whats the Deal with 06 M3 ZCP (Comp Pkg) Cars??!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 10:25 PM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like you can definitely swing a E9X 335i M-Sport. Go to the dealer, and see if they have one in stock with the Power Pkg. Install a BMW Performance Exhaust, and you'll be smiling like a fool all day! The 335i is just as quick as an E46 M3.

Did you check BMW USA's website? They have a nice CPO model search.

Passport BMW: Certified 2006 BMW ZCP M3 Coupe, Interlagos Blue Metallic, Black, 47,807 miles, $36,980.

Old 12-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mtechnik
Sounds like you can definitely swing a E9X 335i M-Sport. Go to the dealer, and see if they have one in stock with the Power Pkg. Install a BMW Performance Exhaust, and you'll be smiling like a fool all day! The 335i is just as quick as an E46 M3.

Did you check BMW USA's website? They have a nice CPO model search.

Passport BMW: Certified 2006 BMW ZCP M3 Coupe, Interlagos Blue Metallic, Black, 47,807 miles, $36,980.
Whats the Power Package??!!

Yea I frequent the CPO search on BMW website daily. The car at Passport is in the Price Range, just way too high Mileage for that price. The 06 w. 8k miles I was looking at was offered to me at $36,999.

Old 12-04-2009, 12:44 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
swifty is a name known to allswifty is a name known to allswifty is a name known to allswifty is a name known to allswifty is a name known to allswifty is a name known to allswifty is a name known to allswifty is a name known to allswifty is a name known to allswifty is a name known to allswifty is a name known to all
Power Pkg consists an additional radiator on the outside of the engine, a high perf fan on the main radiator, and air flow ducts to help deal with all the extra heat...on top of all that an ECU upgrade that brings the power to 330hp, 332 tq...not sure how much it costs but I think I remember seeing it for $3000... but i'm sure u can haggle them to bring it down cuz there are lots of incentives out there on a new 335i...esp. with the market the way it is and the LCI coupe coming next year

Old 12-04-2009, 01:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by swifty
Power Pkg consists an additional radiator on the outside of the engine, a high perf fan on the main radiator, and air flow ducts to help deal with all the extra heat...on top of all that an ECU upgrade that brings the power to 330hp, 332 tq...not sure how much it costs but I think I remember seeing it for $3000... but i'm sure u can haggle them to bring it down cuz there are lots of incentives out there on a new 335i...esp. with the market the way it is and the LCI coupe coming next year
Hmmm... I would love to have that, but I highly doubt any of the cars around here have that installed. Its hard enough to find one in a Manual Trans - none of the one's I've been quoted have a Power Package.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Got some half way descent news!!Found a delaer that has one with a Perf Package!! Only problem is... AUTO Trans!! Guess I'll have to drive it, and see if I can handle driving an Auto Daily. Pretty good specs though:

White/Black
M Sport, Prem, PDC, 19 Wheels, Auto, Heated Seats, I POD, Navigation, Sat Radio, Premium Sound, Performance Kit

Old 12-04-2009, 03:17 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fuel&Fire
Got some half way descent news!!Found a delaer that has one with a Perf Package!! Only problem is... AUTO Trans!! Guess I'll have to drive it, and see if I can handle driving an Auto Daily. Pretty good specs though:

White/Black
M Sport, Prem, PDC, 19 Wheels, Auto, Heated Seats, I POD, Navigation, Sat Radio, Premium Sound, Performance Kit
Seriously? It prob. has the shifter paddles, no?

Damn slush boxes.... LOL

Old 12-04-2009, 03:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
It has paddle's but no CLUTCH!!!!

Old 12-04-2009, 04:57 PM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fuel&Fire
Whats the Power Package??!!

Yea I frequent the CPO search on BMW website daily. The car at Passport is in the Price Range, just way too high Mileage for that price. The 06 w. 8k miles I was looking at was offered to me at $36,999.
Page 5: http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/acc...e_EARES_09.pdf

135i and 335i Performance Power Kit Pricing Announced

Drove one a couple weeks ago and it feels great! It adds around $5000 to the sticker though.

With all the parts installed - great exhaust note.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
^^ Yea I actually found one (read post above) Not sure if its a Sedan or a Coupe though

Just bummed its a slushbox... Guess BMW didnt make too many 335's in Manual, and I dont have the time/patience to try and find one.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
brabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant future
I looked at a couple in SF/Bay Area on craigslist, and they are all SMG but have decent miles below 40,000.... and the prices are all below 40 grand also.

The reason most Comp Pcks are smg is because its based on the CSL and was the only way to bring it to america, just like the csl uk and europe version only comes in SMG. to be honest the smg isnt that bad when u put it on fastest shifts in full manuel mode with traction off its great to drive, but really the only difference between, Comp and normal m3 is breaks slightly better but still not amazing CSL wheels come standard sport steering wheel lined in alacantra, and a sport button.

I would honestly try and find just a standard m3 6spd with the miles and comp you want for a lower price, and go to dinan and get there 2 package pumps power up to 355hp or just mod it however u want, plenty of good bmw tuners in socal

Quick Reply: Whats the Deal with 06 M3 ZCP (Comp Pkg) Cars??!!