Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Z4 M Coupe Info

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009 | 07:43 PM
|
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Question Z4 M Coupe Info

Any of y'all have any unique insights, opinions, etc. about the '06-'08 Z4 M Coupe?

I am tentatively looking. That is, very tentatively.

In an ideal world I'd like an Interlagos Blue over Black leather...

TIA

Old 07-30-2009 | 07:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Great car, great color. Raced one at a track day about four months ago and those things are very, very good on track. Great engine out of the e46M and less weight, you can't go wrong with that. I'm all for it!!

By the way, how's everything going? Haven't seen you around the forum lately. Weirdly enough, I was thinking about sending you a PM earlier today.

Old 07-30-2009 | 07:52 PM
|
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JC919
Great car, great color. Raced one at a track day about four months ago and those things are very, very good on track. Great engine out of the e46M and less weight, you can't go wrong with that. I'm all for it!!

By the way, how's everything going? Haven't seen you around the forum lately. Weirdly enough, I was thinking about sending you a PM earlier today.
Better.

I haven't been around a lot, but not necessarily because of my issues. I've been traveling some and reading a lot. I've read like 25 books since Father's Day and I would like to read ~25 more before Labor Day weekend (when I finally go back to school). I like to use internet fora as an outlet for my free time when I'm in school, but I prefer to use my free time to read during the summer and holidays.

I guess I can add a substantial post to the "Summer Reading" thread in a month or so.

Oh, PS, thanks for the car advice.

Old 07-30-2009 | 07:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
I took one out on a test drive and was trying to find one to lease last August.

Great cars but now the new Z4 is out i have lost interest in it if it were still on my wish list.

Old 07-30-2009 | 08:00 PM
|
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by LABrit
I took one out on a test drive and was trying to find one to lease last August.

Great cars but now the new Z4 is out i have lost interest in it if it were still on my wish list.
But still no M version, right? I've been out of the car game for like 6 weeks. I can't see how they'll stuff the M3 V8 under the hood, or cut enough weight out.

Plus, I'm on more of a budget than you - still in school with years and years to go.

Old 07-30-2009 | 08:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
It has a 335 turbo engine in there, that's more than enough.

You could probably get a decent lease deal on it.

Old 07-30-2009 | 08:19 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Buy one. They're awesome. The new Z4 is too heavy (and ugly), and they'll likely never make a real M version of it.

Last car you can own with one of the best engines ever made in it.

Old 07-30-2009 | 08:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
If you have the means to pick one up, go for it. They still look great, imo and they're brilliant to drive. All the great attributes of the E46 M3 but in a smaller, lighter, and tighter body.

Old 07-30-2009 | 08:35 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LABrit
It has a 335 turbo engine in there, that's more than enough.

You could probably get a decent lease deal on it.
335 engine is a cracker.

Originally Posted by Simba
Buy one. They're awesome. The new Z4 is too heavy (and ugly), and they'll likely never make a real M version of it.

Last car you can own with one of the best engines ever made in it.
Z4 is wicked looking. Drive it ( the 335 ) before you knock it.

Old 07-30-2009 | 08:43 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
Z4 is wicked looking.
If you mean the new one, it's in the eye of the beholder, but I find it pretty marginal. My biggest issue is the added weight. The car didn't need the stupid metal roof or all of the electronic crap they stuffed in it.

Drive it ( the 335 ) before you knock it.
I have. It's no where near as involving as the 3.2 in the Z4M (which I own), and generally I'm the poster boy for "put more turbos on it".

Quick Reply: Z4 M Coupe Info