Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Track Day: E90 M3

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 06:32 PM
Teamspeed Member
ScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond repute
Track Day: E90 M3

well, i just got home from taking my E90 M3 to homestead speedway for the day. the car has no performance mods, and i was running on the stock PS2 tires. the car handled like a dream, and i was able to take corner 1 at 120mph! MDM mode helps, but can get annoying when you try to get out of a hole... now the brakes need work, they overheated WAY too easily stock. i think im going to get some track pads, and change the fluid for next time. it was so bad that i had to do a cool down lap about every 5 laps just to get them working again... also, the engine got very hot, almost 3/4 of the way on the temp gauge, is this normal?

i was able to keep up with a full race-ready Z06 that was running on slick tires! pretty good if you ask me!

and i thought this was funny... a stock jetta on the track?!?

and here i come

Old 02-28-2009, 06:33 PM
Teamspeed Member
ScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeScheerSpeed has a reputation beyond repute
then i pulled in to pick up my friend beni, who was taking the pics for me.

catching up to another Z06!

look at all the brake dust that accumulated!!!

the tires held up pretty well!

and the best part... i just tracked this car, and now i drive it home... can it get any better than that????

this car is great! next mods will be track tires, brake pads, and a fluid change. then AA exhaust and software, then KW clubsports

Old 02-28-2009, 06:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Nice!

I finally found someone who "out-taped" me!

Last edited by Barrister; 02-28-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Do you have the adjustable suspension in your car?

Old 02-28-2009, 06:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ScheerSpeed
i was able to keep up with a full race-ready Z06 that was running on slick tires! pretty good if you ask me!
I'd like to see that.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
I'd like to see that.
Just because it's a fast car doesn't mean the driver isn't fast.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Teamspeed Member
i used to race karts, and formula renault, so i think that me being a pretty good driver has something to do with it... it was a 90's ZO6 BTW, basically had the interior gutted, roll cage, suspension work, but stock motor.

and yes, my car has EDC.

Last edited by ScheerSpeed; 02-28-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
My e92M has the same braking issues at track days and I'll admit its pretty annoying. I replace the pads with a set of Performance Friction prior to each outing and there is a notable difference. However, in my mind it is only a temporary fix, as I fully intend to someday put a big brake kit on the car.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
My e92M has the same braking issues at track days and I'll admit its pretty annoying. I replace the pads with a set of Performance Friction prior to each outing and there is a notable difference. However, in my mind it is only a temporary fix, as I fully intend to someday put a big brake kit on the car.
BMW pretty consistently under brakes their cars for any type of recreational track use. It seems ridiculous to have to go aftermarket with Brembo, Stoptech, etc. brakes on an M car today. Ferrari, Porsche, Subaru, Audi S/RS, Mercedes AMG all take necessary steps, by either outsourcing and/or adopting modern technology (i.e. ceramic brakes) in their high performance cars now.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
The red Vette you chased down in the pics isn't a Z06...

Looks like you had a great time driving around the track and I'm glad to hear all that tape didn't slow you down too much!

Quick Reply: Track Day: E90 M3