Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Couple of questions on E46 M3s

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 10:04 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Luis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond repute
It's definately the best DD I have ever had.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:53 PM
Teamspeed Member
Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Luis
It's definately the best DD I have ever had.
I could not agree more with this statement luis. Its the ultimate mix of looks, speed, overall perfomance, and comfort.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
daedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jay_ftw
I was open to color combos, but wanted an '03.5 with the LED tails that had the rod bearing recall done. I found my car on eBay, talked to the owner who lived in Texas, got a really good feeling from him, had the VIN checked by BMWNA. Before I flew out there, I asked the owner to take some really detailed shots of the car. He was really easy to work with and sent me some great photos. I felt comfortable flying out there sight unseen and buying the car.
I'm also looking at these cars now and was thinking of looking at the '03+'s so you didn't have to worry about the engine recalls. How do you know if the car is an '03 vs. an '03.5?

Any other big changes up through the years that would be worth paying a little bit more for?

Old 03-01-2009, 01:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by daedalus
I'm also looking at these cars now and was thinking of looking at the '03+'s so you didn't have to worry about the engine recalls. How do you know if the car is an '03 vs. an '03.5?

Any other big changes up through the years that would be worth paying a little bit more for?
03.5's have LED tail lights. I can't think of any other differences off the top of my head.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
AC Controls are different in the 03.5s and it has DVD Nav instead of the normal CD NAV, When you open the rear driver side compartment in the boot and if the NAV computer has DVD written on it then its most probably a 03.5 and up. Best thing do is go to RealOEM.com Online BMW Parts Catalog and put the last 7 characters from the chassis number and it'll give u the info Good luck.

Old 03-01-2009, 02:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
jay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
03.5's have LED tail lights. I can't think of any other differences off the top of my head.
Yeah that is why I wanted an '03.5.

Old 03-01-2009, 02:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Old 03-01-2009, 04:04 AM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
03.5's have the strut braces to dont they?

Old 03-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
03.5's have the strut braces to dont they?
Yes. They came standard in 03.5 but I think they were still available prior to that.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
daedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond repute
Good info on the RealOEM.com serial numbers! I've been running numbers on cars and it looks like early '03's had strut braces... and some 03.7+'s are listed as '04's on cars.com, autotrader, etc.

To be sure to get an 03.5 it would need to be the 6th month and up right? Or is the 6th month of '03 still the old model, and the 7th month would be the actual 03.5?

Quick Reply: Couple of questions on E46 M3s