Notices
Luxury Cruisers and Performance Yachts Sea Ray, Sunseeker, Riva, Chris-Craft, Formula, Wally Boats, Magnum Marine & More Discussion Forum.

My dink

Old 07-14-2011, 04:20 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
Rep for being a sport and the beautiful boat of course

Old 07-14-2011, 11:24 AM
Banned
the ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these parts
Thanks guys..

Most things are glued in place so that there isn't a huge mess when heeled over. You have to remember to put things in there proper place before getting under way....

17' beam, 61' length, 8' draft, wing keel, spade rudder, fiberglass/kevlar/foam core hull.
Mast is 80' from the deck fully rigged out with Quantum Fusion M carbon sails now.
I rigged it so that it is completely a single handed yacht so there is no need to yell above the wind to be heard, the hot crew get all pissy when you do that...

Attached Images  

Last edited by the ronin; 07-14-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Overpriced boat for posers with big wallets. I can carve up the waves in a cheaper boat that costs less

Seriously, beautiful boat.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Banned
the ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these parts
That's why I sold off all my cars to buy the sucker back then....
But I'm the guy caulkin decks and repairing heads.... Swabbin decks is a daily job...

To think I could have had 2+ Bugatti Veyrons by now, instead I've got a floating man cave....

And yes it is true I do have a big....

Attached Images  

Last edited by the ronin; 07-14-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm more of a powerboat guy, but im sure theres some appeal to doing it yourself..erm..but it is a beautiful boat

Old 07-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful boat.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Banned
Oh trust me I love go fast power boats and have had a few but they are only good for going from fuel dock to fuel dock [fast]. You have to go somewhere with a powerboat, with a high performance sail boat you go sailin, even if it's for the afternoon or a trip to the Islands for a few days it doesn't matter....
No drone of the motor, being able to have a conversation without the spit getting sucked out of your mouth at speed.
If you've gone fast in a open cockpit powerboat you know what I'm talkin about.

When the winds kick up over 20 kts. all the powerboats go in, hell that's when I wanna go out.
Watchin their hulls slam while goin to weather makes me smile while sippin on a cool beverage crusin at 12 kts.

Until you've sailed on a proper rigged boat you have no idea. All my friends thought I was nuts when I told them I'm done with cars and fast boats until they came out on a good breezy day.... Then all they would say is put it on the rail and get the fucck out of the way suckas.

Ya gott try it..

The thing about a good sailboat is that it is a sport, the rudder is sensitve to steering inputs you feel. The boat reacts to you not you reacting to the boat....
A 60 ft powerboat is a motorhome a performance sailboat of the same size is a Porsche in comparison....

Last edited by the ronin; 07-14-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ Having been around my family's sail boat(s) and a father who helped design Alden Yachts....

I know that peace and thrill that comes with a gorgeous sail boat.

Old 07-14-2011, 01:48 PM
Banned
Peace is when nothing needs repair while at anchor.....
The thrill is when you fix it and still have ice for a cool boat drink..

Unlike the Singer Porsche you will never have a perfect boat to do so means you will never leave the harbor.....

Old 07-14-2011, 02:20 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond repute
A stunning boat... and i'm not joking. It's perfect. I've only got a small 25' day sailer but i'm with you... sail > motor for all the reasons you've mentioned.

This boat makes your Exige pale in comparison and I LOVE your Exige.

Can you take her out by yourself if you wanted or is she a bit too big for that?

Search this Thread