Notices
Luxury Cruisers and Performance Yachts Sea Ray, Sunseeker, Riva, Chris-Craft, Formula, Wally Boats, Magnum Marine & More Discussion Forum.

AQUARIVA BY GUCCI (Boat)

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 10:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hernando
Especially after getting slammed around in a 3' chop in that riva. It would be a terrible boat for Miami, but a great boat for a lake.
Can you explain why it would be better on a lake?

Old 04-22-2011, 11:11 AM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mythic
Because it doesn't get as choppy as it does here in Miami. (Noted that some lakes do get really big waves).

I guess what I really meant to say is that it would not suite my style of boating. I would want something that can cross the gulf to the Bahamas with no problems.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:56 PM
Teamspeed Cigarette Racer
Location: Blue Lake Tahoe, San Francisco, Monterey and beyond
gociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Mythic
if u don't mind, may i throw in a semi-technical response?
The Riva Gucci (beautiful i may add) v-hull has a deadrise of 16.5 degrees (rather flat at the transom end of the keel) which is not very comfortable if jumping waves (infact not designed to be entering in and out of waves), as responsed by Hernando, more of a calm bay, large lake boat. For comparison, most rough water speed boats (offshore) will have 24-26* deadrise. The deeper (sharper) the deadrise (in general) will be more comfortable in rough water blasting but also increase drag and requires the vessel to utilize more power, torque as opposed to a flater deadrise vessel- GENERALLY SPEAKING

Last edited by gociggie31; 04-22-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:25 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ Good info. Never understood the deadrise #'s before.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hernando
Because it doesn't get as choppy as it does here in Miami. (Noted that some lakes do get really big waves).

I guess what I really meant to say is that it would not suite my style of boating. I would want something that can cross the gulf to the Bahamas with no problems.
A wally 118 would be perfect for that trip.

Originally Posted by gociggie31
if u don't mind, may i throw in a semi-technical response?
The Riva Gucci (beautiful i may add) v-hull has a deadrise of 16.5 degrees (rather flat at the transom end of the keel) which is not very comfortable if jumping waves (infact not designed to be entering in and out of waves), as responsed by Hernando, more of a calm bay, large lake boat. For comparison, most rough water speed boats (offshore) will have 24-26* deadrise. The deeper (sharper) the deadrise (in general) will be more comfortable in rough water blasting but also increase drag and requires the vessel to utilize more power, torque as opposed to a flater deadrise vessel- GENERALLY SPEAKING
I actually understood your post, despite my lack of technical know how when it comes to boats.

So, the flatter the hull the more stable it is on calm water and less stable in rough waters and vis versa....GENERALLY SPEAKING.

I guess the Aquariva would work well if it was paired with a Wally 118. One for rough waters and the other for calm waters and short trips.

Last edited by Mythic; 04-22-2011 at 01:33 PM.