Notices
Luxury Cruisers and Performance Yachts Sea Ray, Sunseeker, Riva, Chris-Craft, Formula, Wally Boats, Magnum Marine & More Discussion Forum.

Sunreef Ultimate 80

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 06:11 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Renovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond repute
Sunreef Ultimate 80

Since I got a few Q's of the Catamaran on my Avatar I decided to post up a little bit of info.

The Cat in my sig is part of a 2 model lineup called the Ultimate Line from Sunreef. The one on my Avatar is the Sunreef Ultimate 80.

Here is the info of the website :

In 2010 Sunreef Yachts has introduced a sophisticated design line of ultra-modern and performant sailing catamarans with green appliances a magnificent example of which is the Sunreef 80 ULTIMATE.

The Sunreef 80 Ultimate carbon fibre yacht has thin and sleek marine hulls with reversed bow and integrated stepped hull chins which is essential for the yacht's high performance. The superstructure will be shorter and more minimalist than on a conventional leisure catamaran which will add to the boat's lightness and streamlined look. The flybridge is an option here as the height of the boat decides on the level of air resistance. Both hulls and entire forward section of the superstructure will be covered by glass panels which will make this vessel luminous and provide the guests with breathtaking and delightful views. An alternative option for the hull are solar panels providing the yacht with natural solar energy that can be connected to the water heating system. Two vertical retractable wind generators will be installed on each hull as well. The mast will be moved back to the middle of the boat which will contributes to achieving the most optimal balance, thus giving the ultimate navigation comfort. The sail plan is adequately calculated to reach the top speeds of 20 + knots.

Two external helm stations will be placed on each side of the cockpit and a third one inside. The cockpit will feature the usual comfortable seating and dining area for 12 as well as a storage for water toys or the provisioning for long crossings.

Internal space will depend on the Client's preferences, according to the “custom finish philosophy” at Sunreef. Two options are possible: leaving the saloon as an open, undivided space, or accommodating it with the galley, dinning and lounge. In both scenarios, the owner suite will be located on the main level in the forward section. It will have a stunning, uncovered view over the sea through the vast glass wall and sliding doors giving access to the private outdoor loggia with spa pool, bar and lounge. The guest cabins and crew quarters will be placed down the hulls.

Specification:
Construction: composite/carbon fibre
LOA = 25.00 m
BOA = 11.20 m
Draft up/down = 1.5 m/4.00 m
Displacement = 40 T
Sails upwind = 375 m²
Sails downwind = 590 m²
Engine = 2 x 240 HP
Cruising speed on motors = 12 knots
Max speed on sails = 20+ knots
Range – 4000 nautical miles
Guests: 8 in one master suite and 3 guest cabins
Crew:2

Old 01-10-2011, 06:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Renovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond repute
What I love about this Cat in particular is that it combines the great interiors that Sunreef create and the new race wave piercing hull tech so the thing would be fast.

IF anyone is also interested in fast cruising Cats as I am I will recommend also Gunboats and LeBreton those things are so different and so damn cool.

YouTube - SIG45 High Performance Catamaran Sailing Fast

YouTube - Gunboat Vimeo HD Encode

YouTube - GUNBOAT...
^^^ this vid has caused a huge number of heated discussions.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:49 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
PeteV has a spectacular aura aboutPeteV has a spectacular aura aboutPeteV has a spectacular aura aboutPeteV has a spectacular aura aboutPeteV has a spectacular aura aboutPeteV has a spectacular aura aboutPeteV has a spectacular aura aboutPeteV has a spectacular aura aboutPeteV has a spectacular aura aboutPeteV has a spectacular aura aboutPeteV has a spectacular aura about
Those are nice, but I just think tacking/gybing a catamaran is so painfully slow that I would always prefer a monohull

Old 01-10-2011, 11:01 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute
That thing is totally Gorgeous

Old 01-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
wooooof

Old 01-10-2011, 03:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by PeteV
Those are nice, but I just think tacking/gybing a catamaran is so painfully slow that I would always prefer a monohull
That is very debatable since the plus of multyhulls in comfort and space they bring a nice plus vs minus debate. Plus this new boats bring new race boat rigs so they are very easy and user friendly for a minimal or short handed crew.

Originally Posted by _CEO_
That thing is totally Gorgeous
Originally Posted by wyatth
wooooof
Yeah .... they are beautiful and very capable boats. Space, beauty and practicality, got to love them. The gunboats do well over 200 to 300 nautical miles a day with decent to good wind, in a very stable and comfty ride. If you really come to think about it in a cross Atlantic pass, the gas tap economy while not sacrificing in performance adds up.

Last edited by Renovatiopr; 01-10-2011 at 03:05 PM.