Notices
Luxury Cruisers and Performance Yachts Sea Ray, Sunseeker, Riva, Chris-Craft, Formula, Wally Boats, Magnum Marine & More Discussion Forum.

Marquis 40 SC: Ooooh lala

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 09:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MTK
glad i haven't gotten into boats yet!

but the one you poseted JP ....
lol KNICK be glad you havent

Old 04-08-2008, 09:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
for some reason im more partial to Sunseekers

Old 04-17-2008, 02:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JPanamera has a reputation beyond reputeJPanamera has a reputation beyond reputeJPanamera has a reputation beyond reputeJPanamera has a reputation beyond reputeJPanamera has a reputation beyond reputeJPanamera has a reputation beyond reputeJPanamera has a reputation beyond reputeJPanamera has a reputation beyond reputeJPanamera has a reputation beyond reputeJPanamera has a reputation beyond reputeJPanamera has a reputation beyond repute
i agree, pershing and sunseekers are money.

but for 600K this baby has all the bling as the above

Old 04-20-2008, 07:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
daedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond repute
These are amazing! I always have been a SeaRay Sunseeker kind of guy... but the 50SC is RIDICULOUS. It just drips with quality and elegance.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JPanamera has a reputation beyond reputeJPanamera has a reputation beyond reputeJPanamera has a reputation beyond reputeJPanamera has a reputation beyond reputeJPanamera has a reputation beyond reputeJPanamera has a reputation beyond reputeJPanamera has a reputation beyond reputeJPanamera has a reputation beyond reputeJPanamera has a reputation beyond reputeJPanamera has a reputation beyond reputeJPanamera has a reputation beyond repute
i havent seen one float by me yet...looking foward to it. such a good buy inmho

Old 04-20-2008, 07:57 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
JP, thats all you man ! You should cop one soon, and invite some "friends" hint hint !

Old 04-25-2008, 07:00 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
trust me, i am tryin' doc! i got the pictures of it on my desk.

here's some more info, this time on the 40's big bro, the 50 SC

Attached Images  
Old 04-25-2008, 07:01 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
itting in a marina full of white fiberglass vessels of varying sizes and shapes was this dark-hulled, silken-looking, 50-foot, triple-IPS-powered express sport cruiser. While the Marquis 50 Sport Coupe's appearance was in stark contrast to a majority of the vessels docked at Bahia Mar, she shared a familial look with two Palmer Johnson megayachts out by the face dock. Why the resemblance? Both this 50-footer and those megayachts feature lines courtesy of Italian design firm Nuvolari Lenard. A question entered my mind: Was this Italian-designed and American-built cruiser actually a mini-megayacht?

The first indication that this may be the case came while I was looking over her profile; this was no two-part, pop-out-of-the-mold vessel. In fact, there are three large molds that make up the Marquis 50: one for the hull, one for the side decks and hull sides, and one for the superstructure and hardtop. These molds sport more than 40 inserts that help create the design elements ranging from the hardtop's wing-like spoiler feature to the multitude of inset windows. Even with the tedious demands of removing every single insert before a section can be popped out of the mold, the total build time for one of these lookers is just a little less than one month.

That time includes constructing the 50 with a solid-fiberglass bottom to the waterline, PVC foam core for the hull sides, and quarter-inch balsa core in other strategic areas where strength is needed without adding unnecessary weight. Another weight-saving feature is her carbon fiber retractable hardtop, which also allows for an open feel at the port-side helm while providing a flood of light throughout the bridge-deck and saloon areas. When I ran our test boat off the coast of Fort Lauderdale in three- to five-foot seas with a small chop on top, the 50 felt solid underfoot, and that hardtop never budged or creaked.

My test boat's modified-V hull form was well mannered in the slop, too. Her running-surface design is a collaborative effort between Nuvolari Lenard, Marquis, and Volvo Penta. Since the 50 features Volvo Penta's IPS system, the engine manufacturer requires third-party confirmation of all hulls designed to accommodate its forward-facing drives. Once the Nuvolari Lenard team drew the hull, Volvo Penta had naval architecture firm Donald L. Blount and Associates perform a bottom study. In addition, Marquis had its own staff ensure the 50's running surface was the one the builder wanted.

With all that expertise fine-tuning the hull form, it's no wonder my test boat's triple 435-hp IPS 600 diesels propelled her to a top hop of 43.8 mph. At a 3000-rpm cruise, the 50 effortlessly made 36 mph while the motors consumed a total of 48 gph. This speed is also her most efficient, earning 0.75 mpg.

She's not only speedy and efficient but she's maneuverable, too. I easily turned her in her length via the IPS joystick and slid her sideways just as easily. The drive system provides a feeling of confidence at all times, even with a stiff crosswind and docks close at hand. In addition, the Volvo Penta single-lever controls offered smooth shifting and were rivaled in feel only by its fly-by-wire electric steering.

So the 50 has megayacht looks and turn-on-a-dime handling, but does she have a big-boat interior? In a word, yes.

It starts with the main-deck saloon, which benefits from headroom that averages seven feet and tops out about six inches more than that. This area's volume further benefits from the cabin-wide raked windshield and aforementioned retractable glass hardtop. Add in the two massive side windows spanning the length of the house, and the area feels like a solarium.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:02 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
some more pics in gallery too:

CLICK HERE:

Marquis 50 SC - Power & Motoryacht - Marquis 50 SC

Attached Images   
Old 04-27-2008, 01:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
sheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond repute
spent the day on a 59 while waiting for our monterey to be fitted with radar etc.

those are bomb.

This particular boat is the first in the country to have the nicest/newest navi/comput0r out there. James Bond-esque remote control, auto pilot, super high definition screens everywhere.... just crazy shit... custom install ... nicest materials.... redic!