Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

NSX Roadster In The Works

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 09:10 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post NSX Roadster In The Works

Name:  avengerspremiere-01.jpg
Views: 2179
Size:  174.2 KB

NSX Roadster In The Works
Open-air NSX could reach production in 2017

According to the British publication Autocar, Honda has confirmed that it has started working on a convertible variant of the new NSX hybrid, but don't expect it to hit the market before 2017.

"We are looking at the convertible," said Principal Designer Jun Goto, "but we have a long way to go with it," before saying it was not yet decided even whether the roof would be a hard or a soft top.

Autocar goes on to note that the new open-air NSX is to be a proper roadster, and not a return to the "unsatisfactory" targa panels used on the original open NSX.

Source and more info Autocar

Old 11-26-2013, 07:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
I was determined to think it was ugly, but it's growing on me rapidly. I'm assuming it's all looks and no bite?

Old 11-26-2013, 08:33 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
It's kind of cool...but not sold on it yet.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enough
i think i read somewhere the new NSX is going to be powered by a twin turbo V6 and hybrid motors. Should be quick if they play it right.. The car looks good too, but looks a bit too much like an R8?

Old 11-26-2013, 11:04 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
According to that report linked:

"It has also recently been announced that the new NSX will feature a twin-turbocharged V6 engine, all-wheel drive and a three-motor hybrid system."

Old 12-06-2013, 02:19 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Fuzzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Sebaflex
i think i read somewhere the new NSX is going to be powered by a twin turbo V6 and hybrid motors. Should be quick if they play it right.. The car looks good too, but looks a bit too much like an R8?
Yea I was thinking it looked too much like a R8 as well. By time they push it into production they will done change its looks. The car is a hit or miss... like it or you don't

~Fuzzy

Old 12-06-2013, 09:36 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
ok first off the image show on this page is from the ironman movie, and they used the R8 a platform to create the movie car. So of course it looks like a R8.

There have been no images released yet for the roadster version, its still all specilation.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:21 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
@dieter - nope

Driving The Avengers Acura NSX Roadster

"So the base for Stark's movie car is a 1991 Acura NSX similar to Inside Line's current long-termer. However, where IL's machine has around 53,000 miles on its clock, the car upon which Stark's was built shows a stunning 252,000 on its odometer."

Old 12-06-2013, 10:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
mmm did not know that, Thanks DJ for setting me straight. I assumed it was the R8 body and chassis, since the car looks so much like a R8.

Least I can own up and say I was wrong.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:19 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
Yes sir and that's what makes you a true car guy! :-)

Quick Reply: NSX Roadster In The Works