Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

Nissan GT-R Nismo Laps the Green Hell in 7:08.679

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 03:04 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really nice
Wow Impressive lap time

Old 11-20-2013, 04:31 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Mezger is on a distinguished roadMezger is on a distinguished roadMezger is on a distinguished roadMezger is on a distinguished road
Very impressive indeed, but can it do this 2 laps in a row and will you have full guaranty after lapping a track. I heard there are some issues with a Nissan! (gearbox *cough* overheating with -20°C outside temps)

Oh well... Numbers are nothing in the end.

I would not trade a Porsche GT3 RS with a Nissan GTR and I would not trade a Ducati Panigale with a Kawasaki ZX10 R.

So to say... I would not trade emotions for a lower price or "better" numbers! =)

Last edited by Mezger; 11-20-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GTCole
So, I'm not a Datsun guy, but that is a helluva number. What is HP to guys that know, and what does this car cost? Limited run? Etc.
A 620 HP GT2RS did 7:24. That's embarrassing.
The new Viper just did a 7:12. More embarrassing.

I would agree on not caring too much for times, as there is a bunch more to owning a car, but the world is looking hard at these numbers.
cough Nissan cough

Old 11-21-2013, 03:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Mezger
Very impressive indeed, but can it do this 2 laps in a row and will you have full guaranty after lapping a track. I heard there are some issues with a Nissan! (gearbox *cough* overheating with -20°C outside temps)

Oh well... Numbers are nothing in the end.

I would not trade a Porsche GT3 RS with a Nissan GTR and I would not trade a Ducati Panigale with a Kawasaki ZX10 R.

So to say... I would not trade emotions for a lower price or "better" numbers! =)
Sad to say, but you're right that is the case. A friend of mine has one of the first GTR R35 and he told me he was not even allowed to switch the ESC into R-mode (or off) because he'd lose his waranty if he did. Plus the fact that Nissan took his car in for service like every 5000 miles..

Old 11-21-2013, 06:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dieter.manero
cough Nissan cough

Old 11-21-2013, 06:56 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Mezger is on a distinguished roadMezger is on a distinguished roadMezger is on a distinguished roadMezger is on a distinguished road
Another downside of the Nissan is... you need to bring it to a Nissan Performance Center and those are not in every small town, nor are they in every Nissan dealership.
I would have had to drive 200km EVERYTIME to bring it into a performance center for an inspection or Problem.
I wanted to buy a GTR some years ago (insane performance numbers, low price), but bad reputation even in the official nissan forum (defects) and bad dealer network led me into my local Porsche dealership! ->15km from my home =))

Last edited by Mezger; 11-21-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:43 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Slick67
Yes, but let's not forget that the 2RS and Viper were both rowing gears, while the GTR is a dual-clutch transmission with virtually zero lag between shifts.

The GTR is a video game on wheels. I would prefer the Viper or GT2RS for track use, because they are just more FUN. People are forgetting what it really means to drive a car around a track: Fun. What car grabs you by the seat of your pants and makes you laugh and giggle nervously? The things that make a good track car are not able to be expressed through simple numbers. Just my .02.
Uuummm....I'm fairly certain teams don't go out and race for "fun". It's about winning, being the fastest around a track...if it was all about fun, racing cars would still be using the old "drivers" manual gearbox. Cars like the Nissan GTR are heading in the right direction....improving as much as possible to get the fastest possible time.

Old 12-05-2013, 02:59 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
For racing... a GT3 R or RSR is more like it! =))