Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

Nissan Tweaks The GT-R For 2013

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 09:27 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Nissan Tweaks The GT-R For 2013

Name:  98373_10_5.jpg
Views: 1963
Size:  102.2 KB

Nissan Tweaks The GT-R For 2013
Nissan’s 2013 model year GT-R features a round of updates - Improved response, better stability and sharper handling
  • Twin-turbocharged V6 engine modified to offer even better response
  • Suspension upgrades for improved ride comfort and sharper handling
  • 0-62mph time drops 0.1 seconds to 2.7 seconds
  • Capable of lapping the Nürburgring circuit in 7min 18.6 seconds
  • On sale in the UK in Spring 2013
On sale next Spring, the four-wheel drive supercar has received a round of enhancements aimed at subtly boosting the responsiveness of its 550PS 3.8-litre twin-turbocharged V6 engine while improving ride and handling at the same time.

Applying lessons learned from this year’s Nürburgring 24-Hour race to the roadgoing GT-R, engineers have improved response in both the mid- and upper-rpm rev ranges, increased body rigidity and made changes to the dampers, springs and front anti-roll bar.

As a result, the MY13 GT-R is more responsive, has better high-speed stability and a more refined ride. The 0-62mph time has dropped to 2.7 seconds (from 2.8 seconds for the MY12) while the car is even faster around the Nürburgring, lapping the famous German circuit in 7min 19.1 seconds when undergoing testing in May this year.

Kazutoshi Mizuno, creator of the GT-R, has revealed that 0.5 seconds were lost to traffic on that hot lap, indicating that the MY13 GT-R is capable of a 7min 18.6 seconds lap. That compares to 7min 21 seconds for the MY12 GT-R.

Nissan will reveal full prices closer to the car’s launch, but in the meantime the technical changes are outlined below:

Engine
  • New high-output injectors more concisely control fuel injection to improve mid-range and high-rpm response.
  • A new oil pan baffle helps maintain more stable oil pressure and reduces rotational friction especially during high-performance driving.
Chassis
  • After measuring the roll centre of the GT-R when cornering and taking deflection of the bushes and tyres into account, engineers have updated the suspension set-up with revisions to the dampers, springs and front anti-roll bar to lower the centre of gravity.
  • New cam bolts have been installed on the front suspension to improve camber accuracy and stability when cornering.
  • The torque carrying capacity of the driveshafts to the hub bearings has been increased to improve reliability in high-stress situations, such as track driving.
Body
  • Reinforcements have been added to the dash panel bar and instrument panel member resulting in increased body rigidity and better suspension control.
Source [Nissan]

Name:  41280_10_5.jpg
Views: 2030
Size:  232.3 KB

Name:  41309_3_6.jpg
Views: 2076
Size:  135.5 KB

Name:  98376_10_5.jpg
Views: 2032
Size:  250.0 KB

Name:  98375_10_5.jpg
Views: 2032
Size:  167.9 KB

Name:  98379_10_5.jpg
Views: 2038
Size:  160.8 KB

Old 11-02-2012, 09:49 AM
Teamspeed Member
UberDooberDan is a name known to allUberDooberDan is a name known to allUberDooberDan is a name known to allUberDooberDan is a name known to allUberDooberDan is a name known to allUberDooberDan is a name known to allUberDooberDan is a name known to allUberDooberDan is a name known to allUberDooberDan is a name known to allUberDooberDan is a name known to allUberDooberDan is a name known to all
interior looks beautiful

Old 11-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Amzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond repute
Nice. Godzila it's the best. Two days ago I was in the passenger seat in a MY2012. Epic machine.

Last edited by Amzamus; 11-02-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:30 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
RIP 2012 buyers

Old 11-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Nice changes, if they tweaked the interior a bit to clean up the video game look it would also help. PS I owned one its a very serious contender.

Old 11-03-2012, 02:36 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ecnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura about
pics:

Old 11-03-2012, 03:25 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enough
7:18 ah..

Old 11-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Teamspeed Member
Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Looking good.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Everytime I start thinking about my next car the GT-R comes to mind...

Old 11-04-2012, 10:02 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
highoctane is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by GrayTT
Everytime I start thinking about my next car the GT-R comes to mind...
Same here. However....

Do I respect the engineering. Yes.

Do I like the lines and contour. No.

It just doesn't have enough sexy lines yet. It's just too square and needs so more curves.

Quick Reply: Nissan Tweaks The GT-R For 2013