Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

Recap: 2012 Tokyo Auto Salon

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012 | 09:43 AM
DJ
|
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Recap: 2012 Tokyo Auto Salon

Recap: 2012 Tokyo Auto Salon

Jonsibal covers one of the largest automotive trade shows in Japan

Our good friend Jonsibal sent us this fantastic coverage of the Tokyo spectacle, which is one of the chief automobile sector trade shows in Japan. The show boasts of high participation rates at each of its editions and serves as a convenient channel for eminent professionals to deliberate upon the latest trends and innovations from the auto sector. More than 600 types of efficient and high utility vehicles are showcased during the event, together with a wide array of spare parts and other related accessories.

New and innovative automotive products are also launched during the Tokyo Auto Salon 2012 and attending companies are provided with extensive opportunities to leverage their businesses and expand their corporate networks here too. Top decision makers and other industry experts from the auto industry are present at the show, including repairing, painting, vehicle tuning and recycling professionals. the show is held at the Makuhari Messe and draws in large scale media participation as well.

For more coverage (over300 pics) head over to Jon's blog at jonsibal.com/blog

The 2012 Tokyo Auto Salon opened their gates on the 13th of January and remained opened through out the weekend.

Flood of aftermarket companies mixed with manufacturers showed off their latest and greatest.

There were tons of very interesting cars as always from the classics to the concepts. Here are some of the highlights. Starting with the classics, ROCKY AUTO brought out their RB26-powered S30 with a new coat of shiny chrome like paint.

The show also featured a solar-powered 2000GT

RE-Amemiya had another really solid display this year..

Twin turbo FD3s with a carbon fiber front end.

Although I’m not too keen on the latest look of the RE-Amemiya Super NA7

BLITZ brought out this clean EVO X with a nice front bumper design…

HKS had a mean looking CRZ in their booth.

And this is how HKS does vans..

VARIS had their widedboy EVO X there..

This VARIS EVO X made my jaw dropped.

And my mouth drooled when I saw the carbon fiber R35 GT-R next to it.

Over at the C-West booth, they had the new CYBER GT-R R35

And the 2011 WTAC Champ car.

A pair of MUGEN RR CRZ on displayed both boosted via their supercharger.

COCKPIT got this drift-ready S15.

Next to it was their blue boosted beast.

Veilside brought a few heavy hitters like this AMG Black Series with their Premier 4509 aero kit treamtment.

They now offer their Premier 4509 kit for the SLR McLaren that looked like a Renntech front end.

I also thought their 370Z body kit was interesting, certainly different from what’s out there.

My buddies from STUDIE AG brought a matte Gray BMW 5 series wagon all modded with HAMANN parts.

RWB X FATLACE reppin’ at TAS. Props Mark.

ACC (Air Runner) had the 2012 Toyota Alphard in their booth. I actually did a Text Art illustration of this which I’ll be posting soon.

FIVE Axis rocking the house..

Takero’s FIT looks real good.

I’ve also noticed a bunch of cars were using the DINOC carbon fiber wrapp in a lot of their demo cars from partial trims like on this EVO X..

To a full body wrap on this highly modded Lotus.

Matte black Aventador looking sinister as always.

There were a handful of Toyota 86 all modded out at the show like this one with a TRD equipped kit.

I still dig the Modellista better though but maybe mixed with the TRD sideskirts.

A two-sided 86 repping two different tire companies.

Old 01-17-2012 | 09:47 AM
DJ
|
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Continued:

A wall with a bunch of after market parts for the 86 ready for consumption

Subaru got their STI version of their BRZ but sup with that odd looking rear wing.

They also have the Black Series BRZ.. much better.

And the Super GT BRZ GT300 race car, even mo’ bettah.

There were three BENSOPRA equipped GT-Rs at the show. Two of them were at the ENKEI‘s booth

I spy a SPEEDHUNTERS‘s decal on the wing of this one.

And the best one of the three – the GReddy 35RX.

If you’re not into widebodies, here’s a great looking R35 with a vented hood.

There were no short of race cars sprinkled through out the show floor. Here are some of my favorites.

Old 01-17-2012 | 09:50 AM
DJ
|
Teamspeed Pro
Jon also recapped for us his best of he best:

JONSIBAL » Blog Archive » Best of the 2012 Tokyo Auto Salon

This was his show favorite:

Old 01-17-2012 | 10:08 AM
DJ
|
Teamspeed Pro
For those interested, here is an amazing set of photos by Rob Shaw on flickr:
Tokyo Auto Salon 2012 Vehicles - a set on Flickr

Old 01-17-2012 | 08:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond repute
Nice coverage!

Old 01-17-2012 | 10:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
The bensopra look much better in red and though the R35 is a beast in stock form, this version is awesome.

Old 01-17-2012 | 11:34 PM
Teamspeed Member
Jonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant future
Read on here that the Greddy R35 is the fastest R35 in Japan...not a bad pick Jon.

Old 01-18-2012 | 09:49 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
I can believe it that thr R35 is fast, since it clocked 333kph at fuji speedway

Old 01-18-2012 | 01:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DJ
For those interested, here is an amazing set of photos by Rob Shaw on flickr:
Tokyo Auto Salon 2012 Vehicles - a set on Flickr
Oooooooo, I hadn't seen Rob Shaw's coverage yet. You sir just made my day!