Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

Subaru's rear-wheel-drive car named

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 11:40 PM
Teamspeed Contributing Editor
Oversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond repute
Subaru's rear-wheel-drive car named

Fuji Heavy Industries (the makers of Subaru cars) has today announced that it will name its rear-wheel-drive sports car the BRZ.

The Frankfurt Motor Show will be the location for a technology concept, which will be revealed next month.

Subaru has created a website to mark the event - SUBARU | The 64th Frankfurt Motor Show

It's said that the name comes from from the letter B in Boxer , R in rear-wheel-drive, and Z from the word Zenith.

BRZ production is due to start in the spring of 2012.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting.....

Old 08-23-2011, 02:12 AM
Teamspeed Member
clou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enough
Don't know how I feel about this but I am definitely intrigued.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:49 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Is it possible for an Asian to name something -anything!- without including the letter Z?

Old 08-23-2011, 07:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
Is it possible for an Asian to name something -anything!- without including the letter Z?
No.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:12 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by jox
Absolutely not.

they also need to use the letter x when creating online personae at least 6 times.

I will be a little disappointed if it is not a new 2 door version of the STI. I typically would need AWD in the snowy midwest.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:00 AM
Teamspeed Member
Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by O2Supply
I will be a little disappointed if it is not a new 2 door version of the STI. I typically would need AWD in the snowy midwest.
I was reading an article about the Toyota/Scion version of the car the other day and it mentioned that the engine was "too far back in the car for AWD to be feasible" or something along those lines. Since the Toyota and the Subaru are more or less the same car, I wouldn't get your hopes up. Doesn't seem right for Subaru not to at least offer AWD though, right?

Old 08-25-2011, 03:15 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
bruinne is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by jox
it iZ not poZZible

Old 08-25-2011, 07:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
RFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by bonehead
Interesting.....
Originally Posted by clou
Don't know how I feel about this but I am definitely intrigued.
+1

and notice we're all subie nuts!

hahaha

Old 08-25-2011, 12:42 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond repute
I'll wait for the BRZ STi to come out...

Quick Reply: Subaru's rear-wheel-drive car named