Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

R35 VS Supra

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010 | 02:11 PM
|
Teamspeed Rookie
Lutfalla R35 is an unknown quantity at this point
R35 VS Supra

These two beast built by SPEngineering. GTR (750whp)on C16 and Supra (1033)on C16.

YouTube - GTR VS SUPRA

Old 11-22-2010 | 02:12 PM
|
Teamspeed Rookie
Here is the text from the Supra owner himself...

My bro in law wanted a GTR desperately and I told him about SPengineering. He bought the GTR on the east coast and had it shipped to SP. He had them put in the SPE900 package and it took them all of 2 weeks to make! His car put down 750 AWHP on the Mustang dyno. My supra made 1100 in SPE.

Play by play vid.. Vid shows both camera angles from both cars.

First run we started at 45 and I just mashed on the gas. He got me by about a car and I caught up.

2nd run we started from the same speed but I thought my engine caught fire cause of smoke that came through the vents. I slowed down and after a few tests.. figured it was probably the leak in the downpipe that sent a plume of smoke in the cabin. I was still boosting! haha You can even hear me at 1:29 say.. oh shit.. it's on fire!

Run 3 I practiced brake boosting and felt confident. You will notice a trail of smoke coming from my tires.. I probably need to get that rear end lifted just a bit. Anyways.. I run him and I get the jump. Probably a car. I keep it till I see the smoke again and back off. Still think it was from the engine I slow down not wanting to break anything.

run 4. We get a good start and pretty much stay side by side.

run 5.. I misshifted.. and you can see the awesome power of the auto GTR that shifts seamlessly in a millisecond.. damn you.

Run 6 out of the tunnel I didn't even bother going.

the rest of the runs were just playing around till about 3:33 into the vid. This was a really good one.

We go at about 60. I get a jump on him but as soon as I shifted you can see the GTR keep going. I managed to fly past him.. but due to a turn.. and that oh shit feeling when you think your going to die.. I slowed down.

So all in all it was a great day of racing. I managed to get him a few times.. when I brake boosted but damn that thing is ****in fast!

Old 11-22-2010 | 05:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
I know that Supra and the owner pretty well.

It's remarkable what a GTR can do with a Supra of that caliber.

Old 11-22-2010 | 05:49 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Either the Supra is putting something like 700 to the wheels at that particular time, or there's a pretty major tuning/driving problem that needs addressing.

A ~250 hp advantage does not look like that.

Old 11-24-2010 | 09:00 AM
|
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by Simba
Either the Supra is putting something like 700 to the wheels at that particular time, or there's a pretty major tuning/driving problem that needs addressing.

A ~250 hp advantage does not look like that.
Its the GR6's ratios, Hicas 4WD and the ability to shift really fast without dropping boost pressure is whats keeping the GTR accelerate so viciously. Theres nothing that puts the power to the ground like the GTR!

Old 11-24-2010 | 09:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
slavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond repute
the supra owner needs to learn how to brake boost better, and i do understand that the gtr makes power instantly and shifts super fast, but if the supra had brake boosted and was out of vacuum properly, i believe the runs would be slightly different...

Old 11-24-2010 | 10:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant future
ohhhhhh 7amood welcome to Teamspeeed bro!

Old 11-24-2010 | 11:05 AM
|
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by slavik
the supra owner needs to learn how to brake boost better, and i do understand that the gtr makes power instantly and shifts super fast, but if the supra had brake boosted and was out of vacuum properly, i believe the runs would be slightly different...
Same here .. I do like supras tho

Originally Posted by SL55K
ohhhhhh 7amood welcome to Teamspeeed bro!
thanks bro

Old 11-24-2010 | 03:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond repute
That GTR has serious pull, but the supra's horsepower advantage catches up...

Old 11-28-2010 | 03:31 PM
Teamspeed Member
MrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Lutfalla R35
Its the GR6's ratios, Hicas 4WD and the ability to shift really fast without dropping boost pressure is whats keeping the GTR accelerate so viciously. Theres nothing that puts the power to the ground like the GTR!
Umm...No lol. Its the setup on the supra/driver. A 750whp GTR is a mid 140 mph car while a 1000whp supra is at least 10mph faster guaranteed. If the car is setup correctly, there will be little/no lag and a far superior power band.

I do like GTR's though.

Quick Reply: R35 VS Supra