Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

Sportauto: New GT-R laps Ring in 7:34

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 04:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Sportauto: New GT-R laps Ring in 7:34

The german car magazine Sportauto had the privilege to participate in Nissans final testing on the Nürburgring and measure the laptimes with Sportauto's own equipment.
The car was lapped only 3 times around the track but still managed to beat its predecessors time with 4 seconds for a total of 7 minutes 34 seconds.

Some of Sportautos tests to compare with:
Porsche 997.2 GT3 RS: 7:33
Ferrari 458 Italia: 7:38
Lexus LFA: 7:38
Mercedes SLS: 7:40
Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 SV: 7:42

More info and details about the new GT-R will be covered in the next issue of Sportauto. Meanwhile here is the german article:
Nissan GT-R 2011 im ersten Nordschleifen-Test | sport auto
And here are some more laptimes:
http://www.sportauto-online.de/runde...s-1062778.html

Old 10-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond repute
They should test the Porsche 911 turbo S next.

I remember when people didn't believe the GTR lap times when it first came out.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ndiran1
They should test the Porsche 911 turbo S next.

I remember when people didn't believe the GTR lap times when it first came out.
Personally I don't think the Turbo S will come anywhere close. On a straight it's mindblowingly quick but around a track like the Ring I'd be surprised if it was faster than 7:40.

About the GT-R laptimes there are reasons to be sceptical. Nissan still claims that the "old" GT-R laps the ring in 7:26, yet no impartial testers have ever been able to get around quicker than 7:38.
As for the new GT-R I'm sure Nissan will tell you it does it in less than 7:20, which of course is ridiculous. Anyway I think 7:34 is a sick time for a car like the GT-R, I just can't believe how much car you get for the money.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond repute
I'm surprised by the 458's time. In all the other independent tests I've seen, the 458 was faster than the 997.2 GT3RS.

Where's the GT2RS to defend the Porsche crown? Hmm...

Old 10-19-2010, 04:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
Isn't it a little embarrassing for Lamborghini that their mid-engine 670hp V12 supercar came in last place?

Old 10-19-2010, 04:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
yeah but they looked so good doing it

Old 10-19-2010, 04:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zeus
I'm surprised by the 458's time. In all the other independent tests I've seen, the 458 was faster than the 997.2 GT3RS.

Where's the GT2RS to defend the Porsche crown? Hmm...
The ring is a whole other animal, that's why even the exotic car companies go there to test their cars.

Ludas, your right the GTR is great value for money spent.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
The lambo has a rubbish time. That's slower than a veyron isn't it?
Wasn't the rs time with a bit of traffic too?
Great effort from the merc!

Old 10-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
StevoRocket is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

GT2RS is 7:18 - quote by Porsche in this video. "Not even a race driver either."

YouTube - Andreas Preuninger on the GT2RS (part 1 of 3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdpbATEW4Ns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXHZLMjmBRQ

Last edited by StevoRocket; 10-19-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Overtaker
Isn't it a little embarrassing for Lamborghini that their mid-engine 670hp V12 supercar came in last place?
Nah it didn't come in last place. This wasn't a comparison test or anything like that, I just picked some interesting cars from all of Sportauto's test so you could compare. Here's the link I posted in the OP with all their laptimes:
Rundenzeiten aus Supertests in Hockenheim und auf der Nordschleife | sport auto