Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

Video: Fifth Gear Tests the Lexus LFA

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 08:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
It looks to me like Tiff is having as much fun as anyone can have at the track. Can you put a price tag on that?

While I agree it's ugly (interior too - can't stand black on red leather in big panels like that), it looks like it's a blast to drive if you have the skills to keep it under control. Also, Tiff makes pretty much every car look twitchy.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:16 AM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
Andrew,

I totally agree with you. I love how people are making assertions that the handling is bad based on a video review from a driver/show that is notorious for drifting exhibitions lol. The sound that car makes has to be worth 100 grand alone. Especially at 9K RPM's

Old 07-23-2010, 09:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond repute
I've been one of the biggest critics of the LFA, not so much because of the car but because of the arrogance of Lexus and those responsible for marketing the car. These are the folks that said that THEY would be the ones to select buyers based on a lifestyle that would best showcase the car. The later said the car would only be sold on a two payment lease, $300k upfront and the balance at the end of the two year lease to keep out the speculators because the value would rocket up and they didn't want to have the same issues as the F40, F40 and Enzo. Yea, right, as if they are in the same league. They then said buyers would be notified of their lucky and chosen by Lexus ability to buy the LFA between March 1 and June 30. That date came and went. Oh, they did also let the press know all cars were sold out only to retract it a few days later. Mysteriously, heavy adds didn't begin to run until July, not something you would do if you actually had a hot seller on your hands. From the beginning Lexus didn't market the car or make the case directly to the exotic community- you know those people who actually WRITE checks for exotics, but instead showed and marketed it to customers like those holding Amex Centurion cards and the like as if just because you have money means you LIKE cars. I've never in my life seen such a naive approach to marketing. We did invite them to Exotics at Redmond Town Center and unlike EVERY OTHER EXOTIC BRAND, they didn't make plans to show a car or so much as respond to our invite. I've yet to read a review where anyone made the case that the car is actually a great value. Instead, they focus on how rare it is, (that may ultimately be true!) and how much technology is in the car. Yawn.

Last edited by TommyJames; 07-23-2010 at 09:40 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-23-2010, 07:08 PM
Teamspeed Member
kumarankarth is an unknown quantity at this point
Wat a great sound performing road going Lexus. Would kill myself to have one of those bad boys..

Old 07-23-2010, 07:42 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Andrew
It looks to me like Tiff is having as much fun as anyone can have at the track. Can you put a price tag on that?

While I agree it's ugly (interior too - can't stand black on red leather in big panels like that), it looks like it's a blast to drive if you have the skills to keep it under control. Also, Tiff makes pretty much every car look twitchy.
Originally Posted by bmoores
Andrew,

I totally agree with you. I love how people are making assertions that the handling is bad based on a video review from a driver/show that is notorious for drifting exhibitions lol. The sound that car makes has to be worth 100 grand alone. Especially at 9K RPM's
I don't know what you guys are thinking. Tiff is known for his car handling abilities and making even the heaviest saloon slide with the grace of a super model on the runway. He may have been having fun but the LFA clearly had him sawing at the wheel trying to find the balance, even in heavy drifts.