Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

COBB Tuning Surgeline

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up COBB Tuning Surgeline

I just wanted the thank everyone at COBB Tuning Suregline for the awsome work on my GTR they have done.

When I first got my GTR I found the power to be plenty but it needed to be put into play at the proper times. My first item was to order the CBRD mid-pipe, Chad Block was a big help and he produces an awesome product which he told me works very well when mated with a COBB tune. I then phoned COBB and placed my order for the AcessPORT which came with all the stock tunes.

I installed the pipe using the Stage 2 93 tune which is the one that is made for mid-pipe/tune applications, this was a HUGE difference from the stock set-up, however as I began to educate myself I saw a lot of tuners and others were doing etunes which were more "open" and tailored to the car and the driver. Upon learning this I made some calls and was put in touch with Tim Bailey and his team at the Surgeline. Tim is the actual man who broke the codes and wrote all the stock tunes and he is also the etune Guru.

Since that date we have worked week by week going thru data logs and various tunes and I am one tune away from the promised land. Car runs like a monster and delivers the power in a better and more useful way.

These guys are awesome! I have never modified any car beyond exhaust and suspension and this is my first time and it was a good one!

Thanks Tim , Lance and the entire team!

Old 06-25-2010, 03:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Cobb is a great company... Had alot of parts on my WRX from them. Accessport is the $hit, I got spoiled with being able to change my tune instantly... Not as easy on the BMW