Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

Lexus LFA at NJMP

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
jmiller@mpgmotorsport has a spectacular aura aboutjmiller@mpgmotorsport has a spectacular aura aboutjmiller@mpgmotorsport has a spectacular aura aboutjmiller@mpgmotorsport has a spectacular aura aboutjmiller@mpgmotorsport has a spectacular aura aboutjmiller@mpgmotorsport has a spectacular aura aboutjmiller@mpgmotorsport has a spectacular aura aboutjmiller@mpgmotorsport has a spectacular aura aboutjmiller@mpgmotorsport has a spectacular aura aboutjmiller@mpgmotorsport has a spectacular aura aboutjmiller@mpgmotorsport has a spectacular aura about
Lexus LFA at NJMP

I was lucky enough to be at NJMP when Lexus was testing the LFA.
They rented out the lightning circuit for a few days to give rides to potential clients etc. They also had a bunch of modified IS and GS models as well

This particular day, all they were doing was bedding in carbon rotors and pads. I think they did 3 or 4 sets of brakes for the day

The car first of all sounds like an F1 car, like the famous Carrera GT which is my ultimate favorite sound.

The rotors used are carbon. The engineer told me that they chose carbon as opposed to carbon/ceramic because the carbon cools faster than the ceramic and has less issues on the track

Here are a few pics and I'll post more info about the car that the engineer told me soon.

i was lucky to get the glowing rotors in that last pic!!!

I do have a video if somebody wouldn't mind sending me a pm on how to embed the video

Old 06-08-2010, 04:31 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome John, facebook featured as well!

Old 06-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
jmiller@mpgmotorsport has a spectacular aura aboutjmiller@mpgmotorsport has a spectacular aura aboutjmiller@mpgmotorsport has a spectacular aura aboutjmiller@mpgmotorsport has a spectacular aura aboutjmiller@mpgmotorsport has a spectacular aura aboutjmiller@mpgmotorsport has a spectacular aura aboutjmiller@mpgmotorsport has a spectacular aura aboutjmiller@mpgmotorsport has a spectacular aura aboutjmiller@mpgmotorsport has a spectacular aura aboutjmiller@mpgmotorsport has a spectacular aura aboutjmiller@mpgmotorsport has a spectacular aura about
DJ

thanks, yea it was random and lucky!!!

awesome, i'll check it out

Old 06-08-2010, 04:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
This car just doesn't move me. I bet there is top notch engineering, and that it is fast, etc. But for the money, I want there to be some excitement. I sure it generates downforce like crazy, but it looks horrible, too many vents and scoops.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
This car just doesn't move me. I bet there is top notch engineering, and that it is fast, etc. But for the money, I want there to be some excitement. I sure it generates downforce like crazy, but it looks horrible, too many vents and scoops.
Kevin

I do agree with you. that car is a lot of money...and a lease

but after talking to one of the engineers from japan and seeing the car in action, it is very cool and the engineering behind it is top notch, which is where my interest in cars is for the most part

lucky for me, I can't afford to buy one so I don't have the issue of worrying if it's worth buying

Old 06-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
I like the car from many aspects looks like a cross btwn a 599 and a GTR. Its badas* gotta give it respect, its also alot of $ for Lexus.

Old 06-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
Too bad the transmission is a few years behind the competition. This is partly attributed to the fact that this car was commissioned to be built in 2000, some 10 years ago which forced them to constantly redevelop parts as the competition evolved.

It should be priced at less than 180k imo.

Thanks for the pics though, much appreciated.

Old 06-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Teamspeed Member
chrisc88 has a spectacular aura aboutchrisc88 has a spectacular aura aboutchrisc88 has a spectacular aura aboutchrisc88 has a spectacular aura aboutchrisc88 has a spectacular aura aboutchrisc88 has a spectacular aura aboutchrisc88 has a spectacular aura aboutchrisc88 has a spectacular aura aboutchrisc88 has a spectacular aura aboutchrisc88 has a spectacular aura aboutchrisc88 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by AudiRS
Too bad the transmission is a few years behind the competition. This is partly attributed to the fact that this car was commissioned to be built in 2000, some 10 years ago which forced them to constantly redevelop parts as the competition evolved.

It should be priced at less than 180k imo.

Thanks for the pics though, much appreciated.
Yup...they dropped the Ball big time on this car...overpriced Toyota...I'll take a GT-R over that fugly thing any day.

Old 06-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
stunning... Thanks for the post... Glowing is just awesome

Old 06-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Teamspeed Member
Bellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to behold
Dam, Jon, that must have been very special.

btw: nice to see you around again.

-JS

Last edited by Bellefonte; 06-08-2010 at 07:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA at NJMP