Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

Evo XI

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Teamspeed Member
Tuscan is a name known to allTuscan is a name known to allTuscan is a name known to allTuscan is a name known to allTuscan is a name known to allTuscan is a name known to allTuscan is a name known to allTuscan is a name known to allTuscan is a name known to allTuscan is a name known to allTuscan is a name known to all
Evo XI

Perhaps one of u has got the time to translate it in English cause I have to leave right now.

Ein paar Facts zu kommenden Evo XI:

Vergangenes Wochenende war Tokyo Auto Salon. Im Umfeld wurden erste Angaben zum Nachfolger des EVO X bekannt. Mitsubishi geht auch beim EVO klar in Richtung Elektro. Er soll ein Hybrid Drive System erhalten: Ein 63PS-Elektromotor wird nur die Vorderräder antreiben und zusätzlich ein 320PS Turbo Vierzylinder nur die Hinterräder. Das ganze System wird durch ein Steuergerät überwacht und gesteuert. Die unterschiedliche Drehmomentkurve von E-Motor und Benzinmotor wird dabei möglichst geschickt ausgenutzt. Im Stop und Go Verkehr soll der EVO nur elektrisch fahren. Für starke Beschleunigung aus dem Stand wird der drehmomentstarke E-Motor den am Anfang drehmomentschwachen Verbrennungsmotor unterstützen. Bei voller Leistung werden beide Motoren zusammen maximal 350PS freigegeben.

Das Auto soll sehr kurven- und driftfreudig werden mit der deutlich höheren Leistung an der Hinterachse. Weiter soll dieser EVO eine Aktivlenkung und ein System gegen seitliches Rollen in Kurven erhalten. Und das hydraulische AYC an der Hinterachse soll durch ein elektrisches E-AYC ersetzt werden. Geplanter Start im Markt ist 2013.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
matthijsgrit is infamous around these partsmatthijsgrit is infamous around these partsmatthijsgrit is infamous around these partsmatthijsgrit is infamous around these partsmatthijsgrit is infamous around these partsmatthijsgrit is infamous around these partsmatthijsgrit is infamous around these partsmatthijsgrit is infamous around these partsmatthijsgrit is infamous around these partsmatthijsgrit is infamous around these partsmatthijsgrit is infamous around these parts
I'll give it a try... I'm a Dutch guy, so please excuse me if my English isn't perfect...

A couple of Facts about the coming Evo XI:

The Tokyo Auto Salon was last week. In this environment the first specifications of the successor of the EVO X were announced. Like with other cars, Mitsubishi will also go 'electric' ( hybrid I guess) with the EVO. It will contain a Hybrid Drive System: a 63hp-Electric engine will drive the front wheels and in addition to that a 320hp Turbo fourbanger will drive the rears only. The entire system will be guarded and controlled by a ECU. The different torque curves of the E-engine and the petrol engine will be exploited in the best possible way. In Stop and Go traffic the EVO should drive on electricity only. For heavy acceleration from stand still the torquey E-engine supports the less torquey petrol engine from the start. Both engines together will deliver a maximum of 350hp.

The car should be curve and drift happy with explicitly (?) higher performance on the rear axle. Further this EVO will have active steering and a system that will prevent lateral roll in curves. The hydrolic Active Yaw Control (I believe that's what Mitsu calls it) on th erear axle should be replaced by an E-AYC. The car is planned to hit the markets by 2013.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:45 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Mad_Al can only hope to improveMad_Al can only hope to improve
Old 01-20-2010, 09:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah! I've found my new sig!!