Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

Lexus LF-A breaks cover

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 08:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
clemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond repute
i love the interior!

Old 10-21-2009, 09:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond repute
I'm glad they are limiting production to 500 units because that significantly reduces the probability that I will have to see one in the flesh

Old 10-21-2009, 09:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
The top view of this car is the best, but holy shit is the styling confused. Looks like they trapped a bunch of designers in a room and forced them to cooperate with each other.

Originally Posted by vpr1019
I wonder what Honda is going to do to compete with this and the GTR.
One can only hope a new NSX without the trend of added weight/bulk.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
that power to weight ratio puts the 599 in its target, too bad an update is on the way for the GTB. But I'm glad they didn't back down from producing the concept.

Autocar drove one already, http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/...-A-4.8/244199/

Old 10-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
mbolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TUUNER
I'm glad they are limiting production to 500 units because that significantly reduces the probability that I will have to see one in the flesh
Agree fully. And it won't be popular with ricers either (not only because of the price). It's already in 2fast 2furious mode when it hits the dealers so there's not much they can possibly to with it.

Why do Lexus insist on trying to acheive global sales, but using design keys only popular in a national/cultural context? IMHO, they should buy a Carrera GT, study it closely and then go back to the drawing boards.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:42 AM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
I read the earlier info too quickly. I'm not sure how I missed the price of $375,000 Euros!!!!!! WTF!!!! Thats close to $500k here in the US!!!!! Are they f-ing nuts? List price on a 599 is $320k USD. Good luck selling those Lexus.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
modenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond repute
I was part of a Focus Group for this car up in Monterey about 2 years ago. We sat in the car, which was about 3/4 car and 1/4 molded pieces. It looks pretty much the same as then. They asked what we'd pay for the car and the consensus was around $150 - $175k. It looks liked they've aimed a little higher. Should be interesting to see how this does next to equally valued cars.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond repute
Can't tell if I like it or not. The front looks like a 370Z with a body kit.... And like everybody else has said, way overpriced.

Old 10-21-2009, 03:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond repute
So...Lexus finally made me eat my words. Here it is in production form. Nice interior/dash layout and...um...nice interior.

I showed a fellow car nut today and his only reaction after I told him the price in comparison to the 458 Italia was, "The Lexus will probably last longer..." WTF? So the 458's V8 & Lexus's V10 are of similar size & power - so I guess my question would be: If you had both the Ferrari & the Lexus on a racetrack or the road and purposely tried to break them to see which one would fail first, which one would it be?

The Lexus is still doesn't look like it's worth the money though. Seems like they tried to copy the MB SLR on price & market placement.

Old 10-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Me liky... but the price! WTF

Quick Reply: Lexus LF-A breaks cover