Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

Replacement Flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 12:10 AM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Replacement Flywheel

Anybody hear of any G37S Coupe owners replacing their flywheel to drop some weight?

Old 05-25-2009, 12:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know abuot G37S owners. But I put a Sachs Stage II clutch and LWFW in my 997TT and it made a HUGE difference.

The weight savings is fine and good. But what it really gives you is a major increase in throttle response and engine spool speed.

I felt major gains in performance both on the street and the track.

But beware - a LWFW chatters up a storm, especially with the AC on.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:17 AM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
I don't know abuot G37S owners. But I put a Sachs Stage II clutch and LWFW in my 997TT and it made a HUGE difference.

The weight savings is fine and good. But what it really gives you is a major increase in throttle response and engine spool speed.

I felt major gains in performance both on the street and the track.

But beware - a LWFW chatters up a storm, especially with the AC on.

much nicer benefit than the weight savings.

I drive a 5spd auto, not a 6Manual unfortunately, so the clutch really isnt an issue.

I used to be active on a g37 forum, but i havent checked back there in quite some time... I remember someone mentioning using a Nismo flywheel made for the 350Z but I wasnt sure how that worked out.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:52 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm, never heard of changing out the flywheel on an auto.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
yeah im pretty sure those auto boxes are still torque converters...so if you want to change shifting...play with that and the valve body...

Old 05-25-2009, 10:29 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by IMPORTIMAGE
yeah im pretty sure those auto boxes are still torque converters...so if you want to change shifting...play with that and the valve body...
nice sig