Notices
Insurance Learn everything you ever wanted to know regarding all forms of insurance. Protect your valuables and your loved ones.

auto insurance savings

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
auto insurance savings

progressive sent me a letter stating that they are aware i am using one of my cars for business. i have no idea where they got this bit of info, but it is not accurate. i called a few days ago and they let me know that i have to type a letter on business letterhead explaining the usage of my auto mobile. i called a few minutes ago to follow up with what i need to do because i have been busy. as they promised, my coverage would be dropped by the end of the month if i was unable to provide such letter and it was.

on to the reason for the post:

i had to spend 45 minutes on the phone with progressive and the best rate i could achieve for 3 vehicles for a single dude was $1,581 for a 6 month policy. whatever, right!? i got out the credit card and it was rejected 3 times because progressive doesnt take amex. i quit.

somehow, i remembered the save 15%/15min. commercial, went to the website and reduced my expense to $563 for a 6 month policy with the same coverage. anyway, i saved soo much time with geico, i was able to come here and type this advertisement for the team.

i saved a thousand bucks in 15 minutes!

i do not sell insurance and am not affiliated with geico in any shape, form or fashion. good evening fellas.

progressive:

Old 10-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond repute
Having bought car insurance over many years (Been with Liberty Mutual forever) I shop my car insurance around every couple of years just to make sure LM is still giving me a good rate. I have never in my over 30 plus years of buying car insurance seen a delta of more than around $150-$200 a year in the quotes I get. Gieco either quoted you incorrectly or they may have assumed different coverage. I just can't imagine that for the identical coverage on the identical cars the difference could be that far apart.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:25 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond repute
GEICO is great....until you get a ticket or have an accident!!!

Old 10-02-2012, 09:12 AM
nrz
Teamspeed Senior Member
nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Smokinghot4cars - My buddy had Progressive for 10+ years and missed a payment in a recent move/change of address. They dropped him and when he reapplied they quoted him as a brand new customer and it was triple what he was paying before ($300 a month for liability on a 1998 Honda Accord), he went elsehwere and it dropped to $100 a month for the same coverage.

I have been with Geico for probably 7 or 8 years and the one time I had a to submit a claim it was fast, painless and didn't effect my rate at all. They are constantly cheaper when I shop my policy around (2 cars). Even my fiance filed an accident with Geico on a 6 month old policy and when she renewed her policy went down.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Blastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond repute
Show me any compnay and I will show you thousands of people who hate them and thousands that love them. And the same could be said for saving money on insurance. And the direct companies love selling you lower coverages without telling you, enjoy your savings.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
fwiw, the coverage is the same, but i added a car and saved $2,036 per year by switching to geico.