Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to TeamSpeed and Huge Thanks to RufMD

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 11:10 AM
Teamspeed Member
cjstei2 has a reputation beyond reputecjstei2 has a reputation beyond reputecjstei2 has a reputation beyond reputecjstei2 has a reputation beyond reputecjstei2 has a reputation beyond reputecjstei2 has a reputation beyond reputecjstei2 has a reputation beyond reputecjstei2 has a reputation beyond reputecjstei2 has a reputation beyond reputecjstei2 has a reputation beyond reputecjstei2 has a reputation beyond repute
New to TeamSpeed and Huge Thanks to RufMD

First of all I would like to introduce myself to the TeamSpeed family as I have been following the forum for sometime though have just recently become a member.

Second, and more importantly in my mind, I would like to extend a huge thanks to RufMD for a great afternoon this past Monday. I received the opportunity to meet up with RufMD several days ago for the first time, resulting in the most amazing car experience I have had to date.

We met up at Jas' house where I got to behold one of the most famous garage's, IMHO, of all time. This was the first time I had been this close to cars of this caliber, and hence, I had a lot of questions. Jas was very helpful in thoroughly answering every question that I had about his awe inspiring collection, including the newly added '95 F50. After a brief tour which included taking a look at the nuts and bolts of each breathtaking auto, the real fun began. I was thoroughly surprised to receive the invitation to accompany RufMD on some errands he had to run...being as were going to be motoring around in the 360 CS.

Upon Jas' starting the Stradale, I could instantly feel the power radiating and couldn't wait to climb in and get my first experience riding in a Ferrari, let alone of this caliber. Crusing through the neighborhood it was blatently obvious that this car was just itching to be let loose and once we got onto the closest somehwhat open road, it got the opportunity. As we raced through the gears, which shifted with such precision, I couln't help but crack a huge smile. As RPMs increased with such grace, the butterfly valves opened, changing the exhhaust note ever so slightly and inspired an even larger grin.

A brief note of humor: (Jas I didn't even tell you this yet, I don't believe) we had to make a run to the bank and as I waited in the car, an elderly gentleman came out and walked up to the window asking, "what is it?" I opened the door and told him and as he walked around the back he asks "Holy s***, is that the engine?? In the back of the car??" I told him yes and he was convinced that the CS was sent from God...I'm not too sure it isn't

All in all, this was a fantastic experience and I'm sorry for the length of this thread. RufMD is such a stand up, class act guy, probably the nicest, most sincere gentleman I've met. His success in all aspects of life are truly inspiring. Thanks alot Jas, and once again, congrats in advance on the new addition to your family, I hope everything goes perfect.

P.S. I can't wait to hear the Tubi exhaust on the GT3RS...I talked to Tommy the other day and we're both itching to get back over

Old 08-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the forum! I enjoyed reading yoru write up. Jas is a very nice and thoughtful person. Your lucky to got to see his collection first hand. Any pictures?

Old 08-13-2008, 11:29 AM
Teamspeed Member
cjstei2 has a reputation beyond reputecjstei2 has a reputation beyond reputecjstei2 has a reputation beyond reputecjstei2 has a reputation beyond reputecjstei2 has a reputation beyond reputecjstei2 has a reputation beyond reputecjstei2 has a reputation beyond reputecjstei2 has a reputation beyond reputecjstei2 has a reputation beyond reputecjstei2 has a reputation beyond reputecjstei2 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the kind welcome...I did take some pictures and will try to get them posted soon!

Old 08-13-2008, 11:37 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Great to have you here and to be invited by a teamspeed MVP like Jas commands

Old 08-13-2008, 11:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Great post, welcome!

Looking forward to the pics.

Old 08-13-2008, 11:51 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
h-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice, sharing your cars with others is the only way to truly enjoy them.

Old 08-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
I enjoyed your write up. I have not met Jas, but from all the posts I have read and interacting with him on TS, he is a stand up guy.

Welcome to TS, looking forward to your posts.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
littlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome aboard, good to have you here!

Old 08-13-2008, 01:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome. Jas is the man!

Old 08-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Welome! Nice write-up. Can't wait to see your pics.

Yet another example of why TeamSpeed is the best site of its kind ANYWHERE. The members are real and actually go out of their way to help each other in subtantial ways.

Quick Reply: New to TeamSpeed and Huge Thanks to RufMD