Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A VERY Custom GT2 RSR

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008 | 02:32 PM
Teamspeed Member
JasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant future
I guess there is nothing else to say except to agree with what everyone else is saying. That thing is just absolutely stunning to say the least. Can't wait to see it all done. Thanks for sharing all of the hard work. Us "carholics" seriously enjoy it.

Jason

Old 11-21-2008 | 07:53 PM
Teamspeed Member
korsdesign has a reputation beyond reputekorsdesign has a reputation beyond reputekorsdesign has a reputation beyond reputekorsdesign has a reputation beyond reputekorsdesign has a reputation beyond reputekorsdesign has a reputation beyond reputekorsdesign has a reputation beyond reputekorsdesign has a reputation beyond reputekorsdesign has a reputation beyond reputekorsdesign has a reputation beyond reputekorsdesign has a reputation beyond repute
I may have missed it in one of the previous pages, but what is the exact purpose of this car? Will it be raced privately or is this for street use? There is a ton of absolutely gorgeous work and it would be a shame for it to scrap on the track with a "lesser" RSR. I can't wait to see the finished car! Thanks for sharing this with us!

Old 12-05-2008 | 08:18 AM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute
Actually, this project started out as a 30k engine and suspension upgrade to a 996 GT2 car that was in perfect condition and had less than 14K miles!! I then ordered a new GT2 and before I received the car, I decided to build my own "custom" car instead. I really got tired of constantly chasing the next evolution of Porsche. So...here I am. There is no purpose, rational anyway, for building this car other than the fact that this is an extreme example of what happens when you build for passion...not for common sense. I am sure that this car will keep up with anything Porsche can dish out...for a while anyway. The car is "streetable" and will see some track time. However, the wife says do not plan on "rebuilding" this car anytime soon, i.e. do not run into any foreign objects on the track!!!!!!

Last edited by 1badgt2; 12-05-2008 at 08:21 AM.
Old 12-05-2008 | 08:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
We need the finished pics man! Can't wait to see the final product.

Old 12-05-2008 | 09:13 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
h-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond repute
every time I see this thread updated I expect to see the finished pictures. can't wait.. even without paint anything... its the best looking thing around.

p.s. greatly greatly agree with your complaint of constantly chasing latest porsche offering. build yourself what something which is as fast as the 2036 porsche 999gt2 and enjoy!

Old 12-05-2008 | 10:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
i love this project!

Old 12-05-2008 | 01:20 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
LaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond repute
Craig,

When do we get to see pics of this thing with some paint on it???

Old 12-10-2008 | 10:43 PM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute
Guys...I am trying to get this thing painted. But, as you can imagine, this is a "lot " of work. At present, we are completing the rear, interior mounted intercooler system that will be fed by the roof scoop. We just started installation of twin oil coolers mounted in the old turbo intercooler locations. This will be a very trick set-up. I REALLYYYYY hope that you can see finish painted pics in January. Then we have two or three weeks of custom interior work. At that point, it is just a matter of the MoTec fine tuning and suspension set-up. That will happen at Willow Springs, most likely. I will let everyone know when we will be at the track if you want to visit.

Old 12-10-2008 | 10:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
daedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond repute
subbing to see pics in january! Its an awe-inspiring build!

Old 04-04-2009 | 12:08 AM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
Here are the latest pics for those of you wondering where this car has been.

Attached Images         

Quick Reply: A VERY Custom GT2 RSR