Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CGT & 918 Meet

Old 05-24-2015, 03:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
CGT & 918 Meet

Had a fantastic drive down around some country roads yesterday. The CGT is incredible. The 918 is stunning and better in every way shape and form as you would want and expect with it being over 10 years newer, HOWEVER - the CGT sounds better, is purer and is brimming with feel from the second you turn it on - the 918 seems to have lost that rawness that is ever-present in the GT. A friend had passenger rides with both the 918 and GT on the way there and back and he was lol'ing like a school girl with the bolt action shifts in the GT. He loved how raw it was and the kickback through the gears. There's no fancy sound system, no fancy acid green piping - it's a steering wheel, shifter and seats. It's the original rolling chassis V10 Le Mans derived engine king of supercars for the road!

What struck me straight away with the 918 was something so simple as the CF roof panels: they feel around 60% heavier than the CGT's due to the sound deadening materials placed within. To me that was a clearcut sign that Porsche have tried to make it less of a racer and more of a GT. I know which one i'd rather take around a track and similarly i'd MUCH rather take the 918 on a Euro trip with it's comfortable seats, stereo system, ease of use etc.

The 918 is incredibly accomplished and really is an absolute monster of a car - mega power, mega traction and stunning looks. It's far easier to just get in and drive...however for some (myself included) that's not what you want out of a car. With that said at times (after a long dinner where you just want to get home) having the ability to just shove it in auto and not concentrate is a godsend and on the other end of the spectrum the 918 will show the GT which way to go around a track as it's so powerful and accomplished! Horses for courses and i truly believe that anyone that's fortunate enough to have both will have the ultimate pair to compliment each other...i know i would love one!

Old 05-24-2015, 01:11 PM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Great read mate! And awesome pics!

Old 05-24-2015, 07:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Great comparison and great pictures!

Old 06-25-2015, 11:14 PM
Teamspeed Member
Cooch has a spectacular aura aboutCooch has a spectacular aura aboutCooch has a spectacular aura aboutCooch has a spectacular aura aboutCooch has a spectacular aura aboutCooch has a spectacular aura aboutCooch has a spectacular aura aboutCooch has a spectacular aura aboutCooch has a spectacular aura aboutCooch has a spectacular aura aboutCooch has a spectacular aura about
I love the "V10 WMD" plates! So Good

Old 06-26-2015, 12:44 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Enrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enough
Black Porsches and Red Ferraris

Old 07-26-2015, 09:35 AM
Tlo
Teamspeed Rookie
Tlo is an unknown quantity at this point
V enjoyable comparison and pics!

Old 07-27-2015, 12:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
Analog vs digital