Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 or GT4

Old 03-19-2015, 06:38 PM
Teamspeed Member
NelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant future
GT3 or GT4

I'd actually rather have GT3 if I can find the right one at msrp or less, but I've obtain a number one spot a dealer for a new GT4. The car would be mostly driven on the street but will track or DE a few times a yr. I've never owned a mid-engine car and it might be a good time to give it a shot. If it doesn't suit me, I'm sure there will more GT 's on the market down the road given the newly released RS and GT4. Alternatively, given that AP said that more N/A GT cars will be available for the next couple of years, I may get in line for a .2 GT3. Whatever happens should be good. Any insight that I may be missing?

Old 03-20-2015, 05:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Rob99 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
An interview with Walter Röhrl and his statements about the GT4 and the difference between GT4 and GT3 (unfortunately in the German language).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=u192l-Vo3eg

Old 03-20-2015, 09:13 AM
Teamspeed Member
NelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Rob99
An interview with Walter Röhrl and his statements about the GT4 and the difference between GT4 and GT3 (unfortunately in the German language).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=u192l-Vo3eg
Wish it was subtitled!

Old 03-20-2015, 01:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
these are all opinions nelson but here is mine:

i think u should go for a gt3 with the proper seats with its 9k revs and spectacular engine its just a class above the cayman. that being said for daily uses with a couple of trackdays u should be fine in the gt3 if not better. with a .2 997 gt3 later on u will take the need of the cayman away anyway.

my 0.02 cents, at the end let us know what u have chosen, i am sure either one is a blast.

one other thing if u go for a gt3, think about which year u will take.. 14 or 15 etc.

D

Old 03-20-2015, 01:49 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by Dyna
these are all opinions nelson but here is mine:

i think u should go for a gt3 with the proper seats with its 9k revs and spectacular engine its just a class above the cayman. that being said for daily uses with a couple of trackdays u should be fine in the gt3 if not better. with a .2 997 gt3 later on u will take the need of the cayman away anyway.

my 0.02 cents, at the end let us know what u have chosen, i am sure either one is a blast.

one other thing if u go for a gt3, think about which year u will take.. 14 or 15 etc.
D
Yes, thanks Dyna agree with all the things you mention. I'm inclined to go for a 15 GT3 if the right one becomes available. Either choice should be a blast though.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Q: How close get the GT4 to a perfect, ideal emotional sports car - for you?
WR: I think this is almost the maximum what you can do, I notice it itself time and time again and customers are telling me, it's easy to feel as a perfect driver very quickly. This car is so designed as it's so good-natured as safe and balanced on the limit.
Q: For whom ist that car the right choice?
WR: The driver, who wish to experience pure driving pleasure, who just wants to have fun with the car, that drives perfect. Therefor is the GT4 the maximum, you can get.
Q: What is the difference between the Cayman GT4 and 911 GT3?
WR: On the dynamics limit, the GT3 is harder to handle. The GT4 has a balanced weight ratio and not as much power. Some drivers respectfully feel about ~500 HP, say: it scares me a little. At the GT4 it is perfectly right. The engine power fits perfectly to the chasis and makes track days fun and ease.

Old 03-20-2015, 02:23 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by Rob99
Q: How close get the GT4 to a perfect, ideal emotional sports car - for you?
WR: I think this is almost the maximum what you can do, I notice it itself time and time again and customers are telling me, it's easy to feel as a perfect driver very quickly. This car is so designed as it's so good-natured as safe and balanced on the limit.
Q: For whom ist that car the right choice?
WR: The driver, who wish to experience pure driving pleasure, who just wants to have fun with the car, that drives perfect. Therefor is the GT4 the maximum, you can get.
Q: What is the difference between the Cayman GT4 and 911 GT3?
WR: On the dynamics limit, the GT3 is harder to handle. The GT4 has a balanced weight ratio and not as much power. Some drivers respectfully feel about ~500 HP, say: it scares me a little. At the GT4 it is perfectly right. The engine power fits perfectly to the chasis and makes track days fun and ease.
Very good thanks! If it works for WR, works for me. I've never lived with or tracked a mid-engine car and why the GT4 is interesting to me. Driving pleasure, feel and balance over power and higher limits fits the bill.

Last edited by NelsonF; 03-20-2015 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
The Smoking Tire - 991 GT3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9zndCFXdgo

Search this Thread