Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my RSR rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 06:30 PM
Teamspeed Member
brucem has a reputation beyond reputebrucem has a reputation beyond reputebrucem has a reputation beyond reputebrucem has a reputation beyond reputebrucem has a reputation beyond reputebrucem has a reputation beyond reputebrucem has a reputation beyond reputebrucem has a reputation beyond reputebrucem has a reputation beyond reputebrucem has a reputation beyond reputebrucem has a reputation beyond repute
my RSR rebuild

Ok ok..so my car isn't a GT3 to start it is a 996 C2 so if you all want me to delete the thread I will and move it to the 996 forum. I just thought that alot of you will appreciate it for what it is and enjoy the remodel.

I am finishing the last part of a 3 month makeover that started when a lady backed into my car with her tow hitch at 5mph.

quite a bit of damage that included the hood, bumper, driver fender and other parts.

One big problem was that the 996 GT3RS race parts are no longer made by anyone we could find, so the insurance company gave me the go ahead and replace to 2004 style RSR front end.

well for now here are a couple pictures of the car as it was.. I will post some of the progress and completed pictures as we finish this week.

with Vincents GT2

and yes she was a show winner before

upgrades I have done since the remodel started:
KW V3 coil overs (from my H&R Supercups)
more color matching in interior
air scoop on rear decklid
04 style headlights and fenders
new wheels and tires 18" (my 19" Fikses are for sale)
Suede center section for seats
smoked 3rd brake light
carbon door sills
Color Change to Carerra White

i know there is more...but all I can think of

Old 07-07-2008, 06:34 PM
Teamspeed Member
brucem has a reputation beyond reputebrucem has a reputation beyond reputebrucem has a reputation beyond reputebrucem has a reputation beyond reputebrucem has a reputation beyond reputebrucem has a reputation beyond reputebrucem has a reputation beyond reputebrucem has a reputation beyond reputebrucem has a reputation beyond reputebrucem has a reputation beyond reputebrucem has a reputation beyond repute
car all taken apart

new bumper

front end fitted

engine taken out to paint

finished seats

paint team for final prep

no more Yellow

Old 07-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
this should be interesting. i thought you were selling this awhile back.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:52 PM
Teamspeed Member
I did have it for sale. Was going through alot of hard times with my father being sick and didn't have much time for the car. So now I am keeping it

Old 07-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
glad you got to keep her. hope your dad is doing better.

can't wait for the rest of the rebuild.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:01 PM
PJS
Teamspeed Senior Member
PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
sick... but why paint the engine?

Old 07-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Teamspeed Member
Thanks for that..my father passed last February from Liver failure and one thing he always told me, don't you sell that Porsche beacuse I love that thing more than my cadillac (and that was saying alot for my dad).
So now I will sell it only if I have to.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
sin09 is an unknown quantity at this point
The car looks great so far I cant wait to see the final product im sure you will be glad you kept it, good luck

Old 07-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Bruce, it looked great before, but it's going to be off the hook now!

Glad you kept it.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
Bruce. You should ship it down to Georgia and do a photoshoot w/ Leh's RSR.

Quick Reply: my RSR rebuild