Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Walker of fast and furious

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 09:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really nice
Old 12-05-2013, 11:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond repute
Paul Walker & Co "made" the Toyota Supra, Nissan Z etc.
His death will unfortunately have the effect of destroying the reputation of the Carrera GT.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BLACKBULL
His death will unfortunately have the effect of destroying the reputation of the Carrera GT.
are you serious, he made the toyota supra and nissan z cars famous, thats a pretty asinine remark if you dont mind me saying, both have major history before F&F in 2001

i wont respond to the gt remark

Old 12-05-2013, 11:59 PM
Posts in the nude.
Mixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond repute
I have to disagree with this as well; the F&F movies certainly did not make these cars famous or desirable. I will agree that maybe fans of the series began wanting one "because that guy in the movie had a sick one" but I wouldn't go as far as to say that the series made these cars into what they are today. Their histories have not changed.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Enrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enough
I think that Carrera GT will become more desireable, just as the 550 Spyder did with the tragic dead of James Dean

Old 12-06-2013, 02:00 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Christian
are you serious, he made the toyota supra and nissan z cars famous, thats a pretty asinine remark if you dont mind me saying, both have major history before F&F in 2001

i wont respond to the gt remark
The resale value of the Supra went through the roof after the F&F franchise got hot. Even now a stock Supra in good condition is worth well north of $30k easy. It also was (IMHO) a major factor in the increase in aftermarket products for the JDM market here in the states.

As to the CGT.....although the accident is very recent we can already see the way the story is being played in the mainstream media. I don't mean to say this is the end of the CGT, but to the uninitiated who only know what they hear in the media
it seems there will be a negative connotation.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:34 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Fuzzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't forget the 93+ Rx7, its value went up as well but sometime in past couple years it went back down. The F&F movies certainly made the values go up though. The series are also the reason skylines are a big deal, before you barley herd of anyone talking about the car.
Anyways...
Anyone find out the reason behind the crash?? I've read on other forums they was screwin around and others saying the car was not running right.

~Fuzzy

Old 12-06-2013, 07:26 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to behold
Read today in news: acording to coroner, Walker could have survived if the car didn't catch fire.
so sad
On the other side, the driver died due to wounds caused by impact

Last edited by TEFF; 12-06-2013 at 07:28 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Supras have held value better then almost any other car has. It's not because of F&F. Just because you didn't know much about them before doesn't mean they weren't very popular

Old 12-06-2013, 09:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
The resale value of the Supra went through the roof after the F&F franchise got hot. Even now a stock Supra in good condition is worth well north of $30k easy. It also was (IMHO) a major factor in the increase in aftermarket products for the JDM market here in the states.

As to the CGT.....although the accident is very recent we can already see the way the story is being played in the mainstream media. I don't mean to say this is the end of the CGT, but to the uninitiated who only know what they hear in the media
it seems there will be a negative connotation.
the supra has always been very desirable and held its value well, has nothing to do with f&f, sorry. i agree about aftermarket "ricer" parts but thats about all i agree with

this crash is not going to effect the cgt in a negative way one bit to those who can actually afford one, it may effect what some dim-witted folks think that dont know anything about it in the first place but thats about it. if anything the cgt's just went up a little bit, one less to choose from, the list of cgt's are now fewer