Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 vs Ferrari Scuderia for tracking

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 08:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
salihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to behold
GT3 vs Ferrari Scuderia for tracking

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a new project, a track-toy which will both be fun and ambitious for setting some records on track. Our local track here (Istanbul Park) has long straights and requires a powerful car to be able to run good times. There are some straights which my 1,000 HP Porsche 997TT can go 180mph. A stock Scuderia with a good driving (to the limits) does 2:13, a stock LP-570 Superleggera does 2:12 for some reference. The current street car (no slicks) record is 2:11 which took a 850HP 997tt with some suspension tweaks (not a lot). My aim is to build a car that is able to run as good as cup cars (2:05). I'm imagining that this will require at least 800 HP.

So I have two good options in my mind for that matter.

1. Porsche 997.2 GT3

It's a friend of mines car, modified heavily by Esmotor. 4.25 liters, I believe around 600hp. With it's current setup, I believe it can go like a Stock Scuderia, maybe a little faster but still far from my goal.

My option is to put a twin turbocharger + sequential gearbox and some racing suspension tweaks on it and try that way. Car already has a built engine.

2. Ferrari F430 Scuderia

Well, this option is obviously more expensive but actually excites me, but not with it's stock form. I have two options for this one to become a track monster.

a. Build a solid high C/R engine, put a twin turbocharger and suspension tweaks. I can see this car goes 2:05.

b. Put a supercharger to the stock engine & suspension tweaks. I'm not really sure what kind of power I can look at that way, since I've not seen any examples.

And I've also been offered to consider a 360 Modena since it's a lighter platform and MUCH cheaper than other 2 to buy and build. 1/2 than the GT3 and more than 1/3 than the Scuderia. (Again high C/R turbocharged engine, suspension tweaks etc..) I can't say I'm really considering this option but cost-wise it of course makes more sense.

Looking forward to your comments

Last edited by salihbjk; 11-28-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Enrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enough
I will go for a GT2 plus some steroids

Old 11-28-2013, 09:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
salihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to behold
There is no available GT2 here

Old 11-28-2013, 11:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
You should get into a gtr or mclaren. Both are faster than a scud and cheaper to make 700-800 hp.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:27 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I agree! I figure you want your car to last for a bit...so get a GTR, it's easy to tune and not that expensive. GT2 would be nice as well, but with 800+hp pretty tricky to drive I guess!

Old 11-29-2013, 11:50 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I'm not really considering all-wheel drive for the track and GT-R is pretty heavy.

Old 11-29-2013, 12:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
I love the idea, but honestly I'm not sure either of those cars will be able to get into the range you're looking for.. I don't know if i've ever seen a twin turbo gt3, and the only thing for the scuderia may be the twin supercharger kit from novitec or a turbo kit from ugr or the likes. I don't think those cars would have the reliability/prowess to consistently run the times you are looking for...

I know the gtr is a heavy car but it may be the only car that will be able to achieve the power figures/lap times that you are looking for reliably..

Old 11-29-2013, 12:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
St_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished road
salihbjk go for the Scud.

Old 11-29-2013, 05:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I believe it will be the 997.1 GT3 because of the cost even though I want the Scuderia more, it will be 3 times more expensive and it won't worth it for a track toy. Not 100% decided, but very possible.

The car already has the GT3 RS 4.0 body parts, so it's an extra plus for me. Also it's going to be turbocharged, some racing suspension and sequential. Should be quite fun! The car is originally red, but i would like to get it painted to either one of these since I hate red

Green (does anyone know the code or the name of this color?)

Black

or Dark Grey

Old 12-01-2013, 03:32 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
GrafPerformance is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey salihbjk,

the green from that 4.0 was a custom color mixed especially for, Michael Essmann, the customer who ran that car in the german Porsche Sports Cup. The number of that 4.0 is #297 and it was featured in the german Christophorus magazine. He also has a 964 RS in the same color.

Name:  8407_0.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  14.8 KB

The Dark Grey one is a very nice outfitted 4.0 in Meteor Grey #181

Porsche 911 GT3 RS Registry -- VIN ...5341

Quick Reply: GT3 vs Ferrari Scuderia for tracking