Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Choosing the right RS

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 05:00 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
AdamM is on a distinguished roadAdamM is on a distinguished roadAdamM is on a distinguished road
Green is considered here in the UK the ultimate colour, demand is high and so are prices. There was a thread started a while back on how many Green RS' are left in the UK (see below) and there really isn't many despite the press cars being Viper Green it was not a popular colour at launch yet it is now the most popular colour on the second hand market by a long shot.

Where are all the Green GT3RS'? - PistonHeads

This thread from GT3 Registry will give you an indication to the rarity of the colours.

Porsche 911 (997) GT3 RS Registry - VIN list

There is a Green one for sale in the UK at the moment for £84k, by contrast there is a nice Orange example for sale at £74k.

Green
Used PORSCHE 911 (997) GT3 RS ... for sale - PistonHeads (Ref 1708385)

Orange
Used 911 GT3 RS for sale - PistonHeads (Ref 1695406)

Last edited by AdamM; 09-18-2013 at 05:02 AM.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:11 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
evilbarrister is an unknown quantity at this point
It is true there are much less green here in france too. How ever, when I discussed with my dealers they all agreed that the green colour would be the hardest to resale. It is pretty strange.
It will be definitely be orange or green.

I drove an orange last week that is "calling" me. Even though I loved it there were some options I am looking for and some lacking.

Well I will see in the next few days.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:20 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
AdamM is on a distinguished roadAdamM is on a distinguished roadAdamM is on a distinguished road
I can't see Green being the hardest to sell, the last time i was aware of a Green exmaple for sale in the UK earlier this year it sold within 6 hours through the dealer network. It was a low spec example (No PCCB, NAV etc...) but someone wanted it badly enough.

Silver/Orange would be the hardest to sell, i think there is only 2 of them in the UK. There was an example for sale a couple of years back, very high spec but took a long time to sell.

Orange or Green i think are your best options. Are you looking for any particular optional extras ?

Old 09-18-2013, 09:47 AM
Teamspeed Member
mono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura about
my suggestion would be to buy what you can... I have been on the market for about 4 months and I can tell you being "picky" isn't a luxury you can afford in this market.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Well maybe in the US the market is complex, but here I already got several offers and three cars are boing offered to me as we speak in the spec I want (a part the black one that does not have the chrono pack).

So I can be picky!

Old 09-18-2013, 12:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond repute
Go for orange ;-)

Old 09-19-2013, 10:01 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
I am seriously pending between the orange and the green. I refused the black on this morning.
Tough choice.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Axman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by evilbarrister
I am seriously pending between the orange and the green. I refused the black on this morning.
Tough choice.
Sooooh, how is it going for you? I have made my pickup in friday and went for the orange and does not regret it, it´s fantastic in the sunshine